Questions about Articles

Weeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have more than 45 years' experience with marine fish and have posted fish nutrition articles in other forums. Questions:
1. How may I post an article in R2R?
2. Is linking an article to another forum allowed?

Thanks.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for sure we link to other forums, in the name of science, like this for example

www.reefcentral.com

not an offense, it's what makes us stand out. nobody here minds seeing another forum we aren't worried about outclicks.

even forums that would not allow links to reef2reef in the name of science, can be linked here without issue. = open science/good for all.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
articles come in a couple different ways. if you want the formal rollout/formatting/pics arrangement editing assist send a message to one of the admins here and plan one, they'll have you send them the document in prep

if you want to arrange your own article as a huge post, can do/free/unlimited and it'll be open for replies at the end.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have more than 45 years' experience with marine fish and have posted fish nutrition articles in other forums. Questions:
1. How may I post an article in R2R?
2. Is linking an article to another forum allowed?

Thanks.

Have you seen the Article Discussion Forum?

Here is a general post about articles:

The process for posting articles is pretty straightforward. I generally prepare a PDF and then submit a bio and have an image for them to use as a "front page" for it.

IMO - although out-links aren't expressly prohibited, out of general courtesy, I try to not link to competing for-profit sites, or my own site (if I had one). If I control the copyright to the material, I just post it as an article here. If I don't, but I think the material is important for a specific discussion, then I'll link (to my Advanced Aquarist and Reefs.com articles for example). If it isn't my own material, I'll rarely link to it - exception being Amazon product links and Wikipedia.

The TOS asks that we not link to sites that are copyrighted, without their consent. Most hobby sites are more than happy to be linked to from R2R, but linking to say, scientific papers that you have special access to is probably not a good idea.

Jay

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We would also love to have you reproduce them for us here as an article contributor!

OP
OP
Weeb

Weeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you seen the Article Discussion Forum?

Here is a general post about articles:

The process for posting articles is pretty straightforward. I generally prepare a PDF and then submit a bio and have an image for them to use as a "front page" for it.

IMO - although out-links aren't expressly prohibited, out of general courtesy, I try to not link to competing for-profit sites, or my own site (if I had one). If I control the copyright to the material, I just post it as an article here. If I don't, but I think the material is important for a specific discussion, then I'll link (to my Advanced Aquarist and Reefs.com articles for example). If it isn't my own material, I'll rarely link to it - exception being Amazon product links and Wikipedia.

The TOS asks that we not link to sites that are copyrighted, without their consent. Most hobby sites are more than happy to be linked to from R2R, but linking to say, scientific papers that you have special access to is probably not a good idea.

Jay
Thanks Jay.

I'm 'computer challenged.' I didn't want to link to another site/forum. I'll try and follow your suggestions.

I note that I don't have 'approval' to view those links.

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still unclear on exactly how to do this. But, thanks for the welcoming.
You make a normal thread, and when the staff see and approve it, they will make it into an article.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Jay.

I'm 'computer challenged.' I didn't want to link to another site/forum. I'll try and follow your suggestions.

Sorry! I didn’t realize those links wouldn’t work - the article forum must be restricted to people who post articles here. I’ll flag an admin to see if that’s true….

Jay

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks Jay.

I am glad to help you work through this Can you access the following link?

If so, can you open any of the articles at all?

~Peace

OP
OP
Weeb

Weeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am glad to help you work through this Can you access the following link?

If so, can you open any of the articles at all?

~Peace
Thanks PR. I can view the articles from that link.

I have a pdf of my article, converted from a Word document. Because of page spacing, some spacing may be 'off.'

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 45.5%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 71 46.1%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.4%
Back