OP
OP
eb2292

eb2292

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad I started this thread. Lots of alternatives to the typical 'Masterflex or none at all' general consensus.

I am going to give the Kamoer FX STP a shot as soon as the next paycheck comes in. And if it doesn't work out for my CalRx, it never hurts to have another dosing pump laying around lol

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered a IKS dosing pump Vario BlueII from aquarastikshop.com research led me to believe this is the pump that comes with the DASTACO reactor...its on its way I can post review after I set it up...also looking for quiet

How would one go about getting one in the states?

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad I started this thread. Lots of alternatives to the typical 'Masterflex or none at all' general consensus.

I am going to give the Kamoer FX STP a shot as soon as the next paycheck comes in. And if it doesn't work out for my CalRx, it never hurts to have another dosing pump laying around lol
Just so you understand the kamoer, it’s not a dosing pump. It’s just a continuous duty pump that’s very precise. It won’t turn on and off by itself

wangspeed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you guys think of this one?
http://www.aptinstruments.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=SP200VCBLA

I saw someone selling a used one in the marketplace with a calcium reactor setup. I figured I would buy brand new in case something goes wrong with it. Im expecting to receive it tomorrow.

That looks promising. Brushless DC. I don’t like the analog control though. One of the great things about the medical/industrial pumps is digital controls for consistency. I would actually lean towards the Kamoer, if it is brushless, although I would immediately replace the silicone tube with Pharmed.

Ecvernon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I jus got the APT Variable-flow (200 ml/mn) Cased BLDC Peristaltic Pump running. Its built well but just noisy for my relatively quiet living room tank. There is an continuous sound while running at 50ml/minute. Ill try to figure out if there is a way to make it quieter.

OP
OP
eb2292

eb2292

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I jus got the APT Variable-flow (200 ml/mn) Cased BLDC Peristaltic Pump running. Its built well but just noisy for my relatively quiet living room tank. There is an continuous sound while running at 50ml/minute. Ill try to figure out if there is a way to make it quieter.

When I had my DOS feeding my CalRx on my old tank, I put it in a box stuffed with acoustical foam lol. Worked great. Just kept an eye on its temperature.

OP
OP
eb2292

eb2292

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've had the Kamoer running for about a week now and it is exactly what I was looking for. Easy to use, small, and quiet. Long term use will determine reliability, but so far so good.

Only issue I had the first day is that it developed a bit of a squeak. I adjusted the piece that tightens the peri tube down and it has been gone since. Bought some grease just in case.

newbreefer316

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've had the Kamoer running for about a week now and it is exactly what I was looking for. Easy to use, small, and quiet. Long term use will determine reliability, but so far so good.

Only issue I had the first day is that it developed a bit of a squeak. I adjusted the piece that tightens the peri tube down and it has been gone since. Bought some grease just in case.
Do you have a link to the one you ended up going with? I saw a few different ones referenced in the thread and I'm looking to pick one up. I'm tired of messing with the needle valve every other day!

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the Kamoer FX-STP. your best best is aliexpress.com, depending on where you live.

newbreefer316

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the Kamoer FX-STP. your best best is aliexpress.com, depending on where you live.
Thanks, I'll do a little price shopping and try to get one on order. From what im seeing it would be about $300 to my door. Not sure how that compares to other options like the stenner.

OP
OP
eb2292

eb2292

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a link to the one you ended up going with? I saw a few different ones referenced in the thread and I'm looking to pick one up. I'm tired of messing with the needle valve every other day!

This is the link I got it from: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Kam...bac0-446d-9a8b-d60165dd5a54&priceBeautifyAB=0

When I ordered it they were on sale with 5 or 10% off - I forget. and if you order with the mobile app, they give you a bunch of coupons. I ended up paying $235 to my door and took about 5 days.

newbreefer316

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to discourage you from buying a peristaltic pump but I use a different approach to make sure my effluent rate is consistent and never changes . It's the use of a fuel filter just before my needle valve in the effluent line . The one I use is specific to Mercedes benz and is used in the new Deltec calcium reactor too .
You can attach a John guest 5/16 x 1/4 quick connect fitting and works like a charm

IMG_2923.JPG

IMG_2924.JPG

newbreefer316

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to discourage you from buying a peristaltic pump but I use a different approach to make sure my effluent rate is consistent and never changes . It's the use of a fuel filter just before my needle valve in the effluent line . The one I use is specific to Mercedes benz and is used in the new Deltec calcium reactor too .
You can attach a John guest 5/16 x 1/4 quick connect fitting and works like a charm

IMG_2923.JPG

IMG_2924.JPG
Do you have more info? I saw Adam from Battle Corals with something similar on his reactor but for some reason I thought it was to help diffuse the co2

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 117 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back