Quirky Duncan

NuckChorris

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 3, 2021
Messages
68
Reaction score
27
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have two Duncan corals. One is happy and putting on new heads. The other is right beside it and has never been fully extended. I’ve had it for over 2 months. I previously had two colonies here with about 14 heads each. But a GFO reactor dropped my PO3 too fast and sadly I lost them.

But I was debating on moving this frag just to see if it would act different. What do you think?

IMG_7857.jpeg IMG_7855.jpeg
 
So I have two Duncan corals. One is happy and putting on new heads. The other is right beside it and has never been fully extended. I’ve had it for over 2 months. I previously had two colonies here with about 14 heads each. But a GFO reactor dropped my PO3 too fast and sadly I lost them.

But I was debating on moving this frag just to see if it would act different. What do you think?

IMG_7857.jpeg IMG_7855.jpeg
Swap places and see.
 
Looking again, the flow can be wildly different.
One is next to the rock formation and one not. That can make a hugh difference.
So you think it’s not getting enough or too much? I’ve turned my power heads up and down just to see how it would react and it never fully extendeds. Just wouldn’t think it’d be a light issue
 
So you think it’s not getting enough or too much? I’ve turned my power heads up and down just to see how it would react and it never fully extendeds. Just wouldn’t think it’d be a light issue
Maybe to much.
Swap them, see what happens.
I'm interested if the other opens up.
I've always had good luck with my LPS closer to rock faces.
 
Duncan’s do vary in polyp length. I have one that the heads are just smaller it’s likely a younger colony and the tentacles are short (looks a lot like your smaller headed duncan), One that the heads are huge (easily exceed the size of a quarter) but have short tentacles and one with large quarter sized heads with tentacles so long they look like an RFA.

Mine are all located in proximity to one another. I use the fat head one as barometer. If it’s happy the rest seem to equally love life. Mine like to barely wiggle.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new