OP
Ardeus

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today, after resisting the idea of a tank controller for many years, I got a Seneye.

The options I always considered were the GHL and the Apex. I never pulled the trigger on any of them because they were too expensive for the functionalities they have that would be useful for me.

I don't need pump or light controllers. Even the powerbars can be partially replaced by timers.

They are old ecosystems that carry too much baggage.

At a small fraction of the cost of the other 2, the Seneye monitors (every 30 minutes) pH, ammonia, temperature, water level and is also a good light meter. It sends alerts by sms and email.

This is the most valuable part of a controller for me.

Many of the possible things that can go wrong in a reef tank will trigger one of these alarms.

OP
OP
Ardeus

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys can't imagine how much I torture the images out of the camera until they look nice.

Most of the last videos were shot with a Blackmagic Pocket 4K. I can't imagine what kind of pockets you must have to fit that camera.

One of these days I will post a video out of the camera raw. You won't believe it's the same tank.

OP
OP
Ardeus

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the first time I have glimpse of what's happening to the pH of the tank throughout the day.

Screenshot_20191122-223340.jpg

I am still raising young banggai cardinals in the refugium so it's on the same clock as the tank so I can feed them several times during the day.

Once I get the refugium with lights opposite to the tank, I expect the pH to have a smaller oscillation.

The little waves are caused by the kalk dosing 24 times per day.

I could have the kalk dosing only at night, but then I would get big Alk oscillations, because I would be dosing more Alk at a time corals are consuming less.

OP
OP
Ardeus

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He spends the day in the magnifica with the 3 clowns and he avoids touching it. In the evening he moves to a bta to sleep. He has no problem touching it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back