revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
not me ,i'm barely here:rolleyes:;Woot;Woot

Why do you feel that way? It’s pretty easy here! Just follow the rules and be nice! If you have a problem report it! :)

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are crazy enough to have this hobby that most people would not understand. That is what makes R2R so special. It brings like minded people, in a small hobby together, from around the world to share knowledge and to help each other become successful. In my book that's top notch, 1st class, and golden.

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do any of you ever try to talk reef on other platforms and social media?

I’m not saying this because I own Reef2Reef but man....it’s a jungle out there!! It’s truly rough! I just browsed a topic “somewhere” and people are rough!

It’s nice to have a place where we mostly get along and are civil 99% of the time!! Ha!

R2R....my Reefing Safe Haven!
Agree with that brother,, I feel same way
And the ocean is my church and peaceful place. Mind body soul

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Why do you feel that way? It’s pretty easy here! Just follow the rules and be nice! If you have a problem report it! :)
i was REALLY being sarcastic,i'm here prob 16 18 hrs a day ;)

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True dat lol no possible way I could keep up with anything else and no need to. I'm here more than im home because I can be here when I'm at work. The wife does get a little jelly in refference to calling my corals my girlfriends now hahaha.
Can't imagine being part of another forum. :)
I cal my seahorses my Babies, all 34 of them

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i was REALLY being sarcastic,i'm here prob 16 18 hrs a day ;)

My apologies! Ha! I looked at that like you were having issues.We appreciate you living here! Lol!

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find there are all kinds of great places to talk about one thing or the other. Fish, cars, guns, watches... It’s all out there. But each place has it’s pluses and minuses. Sometimes you see the trolls come out.. then sometimes you see forums trolling each other. That’s when it gets fun.

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are crazy enough to have this hobby that most people would not understand. That is what makes R2R so special. It brings like minded people, in a small hobby together, from around the world to share knowledge and to help each other become successful. In my book that's top notch, 1st class, and golden.
Plus the fact it’s a huge mixture of diversity. All colors,race, religion, genders, even different politics,,, but we all come together in a peaceful way under the umbrella of aquarium keeping. Rock on reefers

NJDragonet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do any of you ever try to talk reef on other platforms and social media?

I’m not saying this because I own Reef2Reef but man....it’s a jungle out there!! It’s truly rough! I just browsed a topic “somewhere” and people are rough!

It’s nice to have a place where we mostly get along and are civil 99% of the time!! Ha!

R2R....my Reefing Safe Haven!
I tried once and got slammed pretty much this place is my home

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rev, you and I must be on the same wavelength because I was giving this some thought this morning. I even considered posting this. I'm a member of other forums, I have a lot of hobbies, and this one is my safe haven. I've only ever seen one caustic reply from someone and that was in the marketplace . Vetteguy quickly corrected the bad behavior and I've seen nothing bad since.

One bad apple, if allowed, can ruin a forum. Thousands of people on this one and all seem to be genuinely GOOD people.

This is a rare example of what social media can be. I assume you're responsible for creating this and if you are you deserve a nod.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cal my seahorses my Babies, all 34 of them
Epic. I do babytalk my shrooms sometimes. And I only kid around about the wife sometimes. She's a better reefer by far. Its funny she kids about my corals being my coral gf's when she has literally named everything in the system including some rocks. And she has trained our nassarius snails to come up to edge of frag table almost out of the water, to eat out her hands. Its funny to see her with headlamp and chopsticks in hand I know magic is about to happen :)

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I find there are all kinds of great places to talk about one thing or the other. Fish, cars, guns, watches... It’s all out there. But each place has it’s pluses and minuses. Sometimes you see the trolls come out.. then sometimes you see forums trolling each other. That’s when it gets fun.

I’m not going to troll any other forum. I’m too busy here! Ha!

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost wish it wouldn’t have been you that asked this... : ) the owner. I really wish some random member had asked this question.

The observer always effects the behavior of the observed.

I think you will mostly get positive comments and general agreement : )

Having said that... Yeah, I love me some R2R! This forum is by far the best

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not going to troll any other forum. I’m too busy here! Ha!
Fortunatly, there is more than one way to run any forum. I visit and participate in 6 reef/fish forums and 5 FB groups. There’s plenty of fish in the sea.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
disagree we can be open and honest!! or it will get removed :p jk..
here's open ,i still think the "wow" and "sad" emoji's should get reaction points ,esp the "sad";)

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fortunatly, there is more than one way to run any forum. I visit and participate in 6 reef/fish forums and 5 FB groups. There’s plenty of fish in the sea.

Glad you found that and also glad to have you here! We always need a “few good men and women” to help us teach the newer generation!

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost wish it wouldn’t have been you that asked this... : ) the owner. I really wish some random member had asked this question.

The observer always effects the behavior of the observed.

I think you will mostly get positive comments and general agreement : )

Having said that... Yeah, I love me some R2R! This forum is by far the best
I’ve always hated forums. Never joined them. I was reading R2R for a long time and then finally decided to join. Glad I did. I’ve made some lifelong friends here; globally and locally. So when my local reef club gets a new member, I ask them to join REEF2REEF and jump into our reef club here as well. Part of the initiation

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back