*** R2R Secret Santa 2020 - Official Registration Thread ***

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
This sounds like a lot fun!

• What country are you located in? USA
  • What is your shirt size? Large
  • What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Anything that doesn't eat me first.
  • What is your gender? Male
  • What are your hobbies or other interests? Mountain Biking and Fly Fishing
  • What is your favorite color? Blue or Green
  • What is your favorite fish? Any Tang
  • What is your favorite coral? Zoas
  • Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Way too cold here
  • Would you be willing and able to give livestock as a gift? *We will aim to connect those who would like to give livestock with those who would like to receive it* No thanks.

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
R2R Secret Santa.jpg

Ho! Ho! Ho!! It's that time again!! I'm excited to invite you to join the fun for the R2R Secret Santa 2020 gift exchange!

Those of you who've joined us before know how much fun this will be, and for those of you joining us for the first time, you're in for a treat! This is going to be a great time to share holiday cheer with one another!!

I mean lots of us have family and friends who just don't get this crazy hobby of ours, and let's face it, they're probably more likely to get you another pair of socks than that thing you really want for your reef hobby... ;) But this gift exchange will be different because it's FOR REEFERS BY REEFERS! This will be lots of fun for everyone!!

Here is how it will work:
  • Members can sign up between now and November 14th.
  • As you sign up, you'll get a link to the gift exchange on Elfster (it's the Secret Santa exchange website/app that we use to organize the gift exchange) where you'll need to register and create your own wishlist for your Secret Santa.
  • Secret Santas will be assigned in batches of 100 (so we'll be monitoring this number as you guys sign up). The final matchup will take place on November 15th for those who aren't matched before then.
  • The total value of the gift must be at least $25.00. Please keep in mind that you may go above the minimum, but you may not receive the same in turn.
  • Buy or make gifts and ship them by 12/7/2020.
  • Delivery confirmation is mandatory and will need to be sent to @Santa Claus and/or updated in Elfster.
  • Due to issues with shipping internationally, we need to make our participants outside the USA aware that if we don't have any other participants from your region or country, you may be matched with someone of a different region/country. As long as you are ok with that, you are welcome to join in the fun! (Feel free to PM Santa or @Hermey with any questions.)
All R2R Secret Santa participants will receive a special SS banner under their username.

To sign up, you will need to do these 3 things (PLEASE DO ALL 3):
  1. PM @Santa Claus with your contact information (name, email, and country you're located in so that we can PM you the link to sign up on Elfster and join the gift exchange).
  2. Post in this thread with your answers to the questionnaire (see below) IN THIS THREAD (this is our official registration thread).
  3. Join our R2R Secret Santa 2020 user group (CLICK HERE). *Btw, there's a glitch that may make your build thread badge disappear when you join. CLICK HERE to easily add it back.
Secret Santa Questionnaire:
  1. What country are you located in?
  2. What is your shirt size?
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind?
  4. What is your gender?
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests?
  6. What is your favorite color?
  7. What is your favorite fish?
  8. What is your favorite coral?
  9. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
  10. Would you be willing and able to give livestock as a gift? *We will aim to connect those who would like to give livestock with those who would like to receive it*

If shipping coral we ask that you notify @Santa Claus and @Hermey via PM when you would like 2 ship so we can notify recipient and make sure they will be able to receive it. If recipient can't be there we will ask them for 2 other days and work out with sender. (We don't mind playing the go between here to keep it more a secret.)

Also, notice that we have a special Secret Santa forum going on! Feel free to start other threads in here to talk about everything Secret Santa related, holiday related, or just anything you want to talk with all of us other SS peeps! Go wild! LOL #R2RSecretSanta
  1. What country are you located in? USA
  2. What is your shirt size? Large
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Anything sweet or salty :D No allergies.
  4. What is your gender? Male
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests? Cars, Video games, Camping.
  6. What is your favorite color? Teal/Turquoise
  7. What is your favorite fish? Blennies
  8. What is your favorite coral? Torches
  9. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Very tempting, but No
  10. Would you be willing and able to give livestock as a gift? *We will aim to connect those who would like to give livestock with those who would like to receive it* also No

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
1. USA
2. XL
3. No allergies, spicy and fruity snacks
4. Male
5. Island vibes. Rc cars. Fishing
6. Green
7. Anglerfish!
8. Scoly
9. Yes, I like weird inverts
10. Yes

Angelwolf21203

View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is your shirt size? XL
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? No allergies. I love Reese's. And I like chex mix, too. Bold or cheesy.
  4. What is your gender? Female, last I checked!
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests? My other pets. I have a male and female chameleons who I plan to breed. I have a dachshund and a pit bull. I really want to start training my pit to do agility (I've competed previously with a different doxie), but have to wait until my ankle is healed from my incident this summer. I had a fracture, 2 torn ligaments and a stretched 3rd one, and had to have surgery to implant a tight rope, so it's going to be a while. I also enjoy photography, and crocheting.
  6. What is your favorite color? Blue, green, teal, and/or purple.
  7. What is your favorite fish? Well, that would be the Australian Harlequin Tusk, which I just got!! I really like the Anthias for their vibrant colors and some of the more colorful wrasses.
  8. What is your favorite coral? My reef is all softies. (For some reason, I have no luck with the stony corals, LPS and SPS alike) I like the blue, red, and green mushrooms (actinodiscus sp.) and have yet to acquire any. I also really like the Pineapple Tree. I also like Cabbage Leather corals, too, especially when they are multi colored with purple/pink/green.
  9. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* YES, please! See questions 7 & 8. ;) Majority of my reef comes from/came from Live Aquaria's Diver's Den, because I like to see what I'm actually getting, as well as their guarantees.
  10. Would you be willing and able to give livestock as a gift? *We will aim to connect those who would like to give livestock with those who would like to receive it* YES, of course! I typically use Live Aquaria because of their guarantees.

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in?USA
  2. What is your shirt size? L
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? FUNYUNS, GARDETTOS, KIT KATS
  4. What is your gender? MALE
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests?
  6. What is your favorite color? BLUE
  7. What is your favorite fish? FRIDMANI PSEUDOCHROMIS
  8. What is your favorite coral? MILLIEPORA
  9. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* YES CORAL OR NEMS OVER FISH
  10. Would you be willing and able to give livestock as a gift? *We will aim to connect those who would like to give livestock with those who would like to receive it* YES I COULD CERTAINLY TRY.

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Jerkies, nuts
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests? R/C aircraft, Photography, Harley's and Hotrods
  6. What is your favorite color? Orange and Black
  7. What is your favorite fish? Tomini Tang
  8. What is your favorite coral? Any really, but prefer softies(shrooms and leathers)
  9. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes
  10. Would you be willing and able to give livestock as a gift? *We will aim to connect those who would like to give livestock with those who would like to receive it* no

Last edited:

SimbaAnto

View Badges
Reaction score
1.What country are you located in?USA
What is your shirt size?XL
What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Goat Biryani( South Indian Style)
What is your gender? Male
What are your hobbies or other interests? Photography
What is your favorite color?Black
What is your favorite fish?Yellow Tang
What is your favorite coral? Torch, Euphyillias, Elegance
Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Euphyillias, Softies, Mushrooms
Would you be willing and able to give livestock as a gift? *We will aim to connect those who would like to give livestock with those who would like to receive it* Yes why not.

CCK_8814

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I’m definitely in for another! Had a lot of fun last year.

• What country are you located in? USA
  • What is your shirt size? Medium
  • What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Haribro Gummy Bears & Werthers chewy Carmel’s
  • What is your gender? Male
  • What are your hobbies or other interests? Cars & motorcycles
  • What is your favorite color? Blue
  • What is your favorite fish? Leopard & Fairy Wrasses
  • What is your favorite coral? Torches & Acropora Tenuis
  • Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes! Euphyllia or SPS
  • Would you be willing and able to give livestock as a gift? *We will aim to connect those who would like to give livestock with those who would like to receive it* YES!

Hugh Mann

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
What country are you located in? Canada

What is your shirt size? Large

What are your favorite foods or snacks? Jerky, pepperoni, dark chocolate.

Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Nope.

What is your gender? Male

What are your hobbies or other interests? Hunting, shooting, gaming, leatherworking.

What is your favorite color? Green.

What is your favorite fish? Marine Betta and Moray Eels.

What is your favorite coral? Uh... Green Star Polyp.

Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* I'd rather a person send a gift card or just pay for something from my Lfs due to unfavorable shipping conditions. Pretty much anything that would be able to survive in my tank. Aggressive fish/not the best lighting.

Would you be willing and able to give livestock as a gift? *We will aim to connect those who would like to give livestock with those who would like to receive it*. Due to shipping conditions, I would rather send a gift card, or pay a persons lfs for the livestock to be picked up.

Dempsey941

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in? United States
  2. What is your shirt size? 2XL
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Dots/Gummy Worms
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests? MLB Baseball, College Football
  6. What is your favorite color? Orange
  7. What is your favorite fish? Flame Angel/Flasher Wrasses
  8. What is your favorite coral? Torch Corals
  9. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* NO
  10. Would you be willing and able to give livestock as a gift? *We will aim to connect those who would like to give livestock with those who would like to receive it* NO

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in? Hong Kong
  2. What is your shirt size? medium
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Chocolate and nuts are the best
  4. What is your gender? M
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests? Reefing! And guitar
  6. What is your favorite color? Blue?
  7. What is your favorite fish? Hawk
  8. What is your favorite coral? Acros mostly
  9. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No
  10. Would you be willing and able to give livestock as a gift? *We will aim to connect those who would like to give livestock with those who would like to receive it* nope

Last edited:

GrandpaShark

Keep Calm & Reef On
View Badges
Reaction score
This sounds cool.

2. What is your shirt size? XXL
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? NO ALLERGIES, CANDIES OF ALL SORT (SOUR PATCH KIDS) NUTS AND STUFF OF THAT SORT
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests? JUST FISH
  6. What is your favorite color? BLUE
  7. What is your favorite fish? Foxface
  8. What is your favorite coral? TORCH OR FROG SPAWN
  9. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* YES, TORCH LIKE CORAL, OR ANY VIBRANT NON INVASIVE CORAL
  10. Would you be willing and able to give livestock as a gift? *We will aim to connect those who would like to give livestock with those who would like to receive it*POSSIBLY

icedearth15324

View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is your shirt size? XXL/XXXL
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Peanut allergy. Favorite snacks are Sour Patch Kids, or sour candies in general. Chocolate chip cookies.
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests? Big fan of Star Wars, Legend of Zelda, Xbox, Legos
  6. What is your favorite color? Blue
  7. What is your favorite fish? Achilles Tang
  8. What is your favorite coral? Torch Coral
  9. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes, LPS mainly, or starter SPS, possibly fish depending on what they are.
  10. Would you be willing and able to give livestock as a gift? *We will aim to connect those who would like to give livestock with those who would like to receive it* I personally don't have any livestock to give but I'd be willing to order something.

Creggers

View Badges
Reaction score
What country are you located in?
USA

What is your shirt size?
Medium

What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind?
Any protein for food and anything sweet for snacks!

What is your gender?
Male

What are your hobbies or other interests?
Golf / Boating / Beer / Cars / PC gaming

What is your favorite color?
Blue

What is your favorite fish?
Tangs!

What is your favorite coral?
Acans

Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
Yes

Would you be willing and able to give livestock as a gift? *We will aim to connect those who would like to give livestock with those who would like to receive it*
Yes

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Whoohoo! Let's go!
  2. What is your shirt size? Small-medium
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Don't like chocolate or sweet. Like crunchy cheetos!
  4. What is your gender? F
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests? Concert photography, music, wine
  6. What is your favorite color? Purple
  7. What is your favorite fish? Mandarin
  8. What is your favorite coral? Torch or any Eurphyilla
  9. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes, I can pick up from Aquasd easily (would not need to ship) Euphyllia, zoas (blue?) gonis, aves
  10. Would you be willing and able to give livestock as a gift? *We will aim to connect those who would like to give livestock with those who would like to receive it* Yes, If i can send a gift card or have local pickup.

Last edited:

FlexingFishSticks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is your shirt size? LARGE
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? PIZZA, BURGERS, FRIES, Lays chips, KITKAT , SOUR STRAWS, ETCAny allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? NONE
  4. What is your gender? MALE
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests? GYM, CARS, HOOKAH,
  6. What is your favorite color? BLUE, BLACK, WHITE
  7. What is your favorite fish? BLUE SPOT JAWFISH, TAILSPOT BLENNY
  8. What is your favorite coral? BRANCHING HAMMER, ZOA, TORCH
  9. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? YES If yes, what would you be interested in? ANYTHING
  10. Would you be willing and able to give livestock as a gift? YES

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What is your shirt size? 9xx. . .. Ok - its XL
  2. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Dark chocolate raisinettes, hershey almond and heath Bar
  3. What is your gender? Male
  4. What are your hobbies or other interests? Making Bombs (that was a joke, yikes) Star Wars. . . women . . .and Traveling
  5. What is your favorite color? Blue, Yellow and Orange
  6. What is your favorite fish? harlequin tusk, emperor angel and Unicorn Tang
  7. What is your favorite coral? Right now LPS as it does not test my patience
  8. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? I'd rather not. . . not even gift cetificates for livestock as Prices are way too high everywhere and I likely will not order. . However if a harlequin or BIG unicorn was in the box. . . we'd be lifetime friends !
  9. Would you be willing and able to give livestock as a gift? It would depend upon location and how timely shipments are. With Elections in the picture and potential Mail issues, I would be skeptical.

Last edited:

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Should be another fun time!!

1. What country are you located in?USA
  2. What is your shirt size?L
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind?Reeses for sure!! None
  4. What is your gender?M
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests?Golf,Beer drinking!
  6. What is your favorite color?Red
  7. What is your favorite fish?Flamehawk
  8. What is your favorite coral?Any SPS
  9. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*No rather have a GC!
  10. Would you be willing and able to give livestock as a gift? *We will aim to connect those who would like to give livestock with those who would like to receive it! I would as long as the receiver will be available!

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I am in this year to!

2. What is your shirt size? MED
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? all snacks must be vegan/ vegetarian friendly. no aninaml products please :D
  4. What is your gender? male
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests? snowboarding, mountain biking, camping, hiking, photography, world travel, meditation
  6. What is your favorite color? royal blue
  7. What is your favorite fish? mandarin
  8. What is your favorite coral? euphyllia
  9. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* sure would i have a new build to stock with coral that would be great!
  10. Would you be willing and able to give livestock as a gift? *We will aim to connect those who would like to give livestock with those who would like to receive it* hmmm dont have much to share at this time.

smlarson72

View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in? US
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Chocolate and anything Coffee
  4. What is your gender? Female
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests? Reading, crochet and horseback riding
  6. What is your favorite color? Sage Green
  7. What is your favorite fish? Puffer
  8. What is your favorite coral? Frogspawn
  9. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Not this year
  10. Would you be willing and able to give livestock as a gift? *We will aim to connect those who would like to give livestock with those who would like to receive it* Not this year

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back