Rabaulichthys species

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got to see some of these in person and actually saw them truly displaying and have been meaning to ask about them for a while. I know they can be more difficult as they’re a rarer species to be imported however any information on them would be great - Wish I got my own photos of this group I saw but unfortunately I missed that opportunity.
Here’s a photo off of a quick Google.
3ADC6764-122A-4756-BC5C-58EBEBC7522C.jpeg

Anything like Feeding Requirements, Flow (I plan on having SPS heavy tanks), Aggression (Both to and from), Tank Size/Swiming Space ect. All helps me with my research!

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool looking fish.
They really are, especially in person, they’re stunning fish and I’ve never really had an interest in anthias until I saw a harem of them (about 5-6)

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They really are, especially in person, they’re stunning fish and I’ve never really had an interest in anthias until I saw a harem of them (about 5-6)
I don't know how much you're into anthias, but my LFS got a few blotchy anthias in not so long ago. They are one of the most curious fish I've seen. In the tank they were hanging out upside down on the rock without a care in the world. They kind of behaved like my flame hawkfish - but with a swim bladder.

B9610648-B84C-4A92-A3C5-703CD1DD0DE3.jpeg

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know how much you're into anthias, but my LFS got a few blotchy anthias in not so long ago. They are one of the most curious fish I've seen. In the tank they were hanging out upside down on the rock without a care in the world. They kind of behaved like my flame hawkfish - but with a swim bladder.

B9610648-B84C-4A92-A3C5-703CD1DD0DE3.jpeg
They look stunning! I love the anthias that have a different body shape and most of the ones outside of Pseudanthias fit that bill. There’s some from Pseudanthias I like but for the most part I feel like they’re a bit overly common.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blotchy and that genus are great. You’ll be blown when you see the rarer and much less attainable ones like Odontanthias katayamai, Odontanthias chrysostictus and more. These are extremely deepwater, only the Borbonius and (more rarely) the Hawaiian Yellow are attainable via the limits of most diving. Other than their unique shapes and color patterns, there’s a really cute quality to them because they’re so chunky compared to many other Anthias and I love me some chunky fish.

I’ve seen Japanese diving videos shot in the deep reefs of the Izu and Ryukyu Islands and you can see why the rare fish trade there is much more geared towards Anthias and anything other than most Tangs. Just some amazing species of Anthias, Wrasses and other stuff found in that region.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back