Radion Fan Noise

  • Thread starter Thread starter mjszos
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mjszos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 7, 2021
Messages
1,850
Reaction score
6,628
Location
Chicago, IL
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning!

Does anyone have experience quieting down the Radion fans? I am running the XR15 Pro (Gen 6) and the fan is concerningly loud when it spins up.

I’ve tried cleaning out the housing to make sure there’s no debris due to it being up for roughly 2 years, but no dice.

Ultimately it seems like there’s no “tuned” fan curve and the thing is either passively cooling, or going full bore.

There is no ticking noise as you’d expect from a failing fan, almost as if a bearing might be going or the fan itself requires lubrication (which I’m hesitant to disassemble).

Alternatively, does anybody have experience with replacing these fans in general for a quieter one? I’m a big fan (pun absolutely intended) of Noctua fans in my small electronics projects due to their performance and noise.
 
One of my units is doing the same thing. Looking for solutions
 
anyone solved this ? did new fans maybe solve this , 2 out of my 3 lights are doing this and they are brand new .
 
anyone solved this ? did new fans maybe solve this , 2 out of my 3 lights are doing this and they are brand new .
I replaced the fan on a gen 5 XR15 last year ( maybe 2 years ago).
It wasn't the easiest, but it's do-able.
Last I checked the fans were out of stock and ETM has no date for them to be in stock.
Maybe take the fan out and add some lithium spray lube.
I took one of the noisy fans I removed and added a little spray lube to and it is silent now when you spin the fan, but I have no idea how long it would stay quiet.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new