Radion G5's - Mobius

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would set all the intensity at 100%,then set the global intensity so you want. It is the most easy because the global intensity will lover all your schedules

forgiven1973

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im pretty sure your schedule is in acclimation mode. Is that intentional? Not many run their schedule at 80%+ so i would be careful with that schedule.

I would disable acclimation mode, choose the overall intensity you want to run with, say 60% as a good ballpark level, then adjust your points throughout the day to the colours you choose, intensity will slightly change depending on colour points.

I only touch point intensity if say you want a 1 hour peak in the day at 10% more power than the rest of the day. Otherwise, the other all scheudle intensity takes care of it.

I’m sorry I Didn’t give enough details. I’m in radiant color mode (not sure if it’s the beat to go with or not) I made some adjustments today but I’m uncertain if I change “point of intensity” or schedule %??? My understand is if I lower my “schedule %” then that’s all I need to do to make sure I don’t fry any coral. Currently I only have a Green Pocillopora high in tank, a 24k lepto, JF dayglow, and dragon soul torch at mid tank then various zoas, an acan and Duncan’s on sand bed.
Below is my adjusted radiant color settings unless others feel best to change. Again I’m totally new to this. I did lower the red and green colors down to 15% as I’ve heard that they’re more likely to cause more algae issues. Also lowered Blues down to 75% as I like the violet look more

Any suggestions?

thanks to anyone helping out here.

01581435-3F60-4EF0-A8E9-2363D78977CF.png E8916327-DBA6-4F9E-89D5-B60F885992DD.png

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry I Didn’t give enough details. I’m in radiant color mode (not sure if it’s the beat to go with or not) I made some adjustments today but I’m uncertain if I change “point of intensity” or schedule %??? My understand is if I lower my “schedule %” then that’s all I need to do to make sure I don’t fry any coral. Currently I only have a Green Pocillopora high in tank, a 24k lepto, JF dayglow, and dragon soul torch at mid tank then various zoas, an acan and Duncan’s on sand bed.
Below is my adjusted radiant color settings unless others feel best to change. Again I’m totally new to this. I did lower the red and green colors down to 15% as I’ve heard that they’re more likely to cause more algae issues. Also lowered Blues down to 75% as I like the violet look more

Any suggestions?

thanks to anyone helping out here.

01581435-3F60-4EF0-A8E9-2363D78977CF.png E8916327-DBA6-4F9E-89D5-B60F885992DD.png
The responses to you were more than likely based on lack of understanding your question or how schedule and point intensity works.

Up front I will tell you it's purely your prerogative. Here's some thoughts to help with making that decision.

Unless you're planning on ramping your schedule intensity to meet the individual point intensities, I personally would change each point intensity to set the desired maximum you want your lights at. Normally you would do this smartly with a par meter so that you can set the threshold. Then if need be use schedule intensity to lower the entire schedule altogether.

The downside to that is that the early morning ramp up and late evening ramp downs will change respectively and wont be as bright because they will drop with adjustments of the schedule intensity.

I personally tend to leave the schedule intensity at 100% and play with each point individually, and if I need to drop the overall intensity, I could do it with schedule intensity. But eventually if that becomes the new norm, I would go in and change the point intensity to reflect and then reset the schedule intensity back to 100%.

Again it's purely preference and theres no set standard.

Beckio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Logged into mobious today.....

"Since you're new, we'll need to add a tank To add your devices"

I added a tank and configured my lights a week ago.

Now I'm going to have to factory reset my lights and create a new tank as my last one has vanished. Hopefully it's a one off glitch as I don't want to be doing this every few days

Did you fix this issue? I've bought a new MP10QD and i set up my tank and linked my m10 to the tank. Opened the app and now its telling me I'm new and need to set up a new tank, but I CANNOT get my MP10 to connect as it i connected to an existing tank; which has disappeared! I've hard reset it and everything!

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does Ecotech still exist, or why are there no more updates?!? is not so that their devices would work without problems! I still have to unplug my G5 Blue lamps regularly because they are not always syncronized !! And the Vortech pumps still do what they want. Mode change doesn't work here at all. Two of my four MPQ pumps always get stuck in the previous mode and go crazy.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does Ecotech still exist, or why are there no more updates?!? is not so that their devices would work without problems! I still have to unplug my G5 Blue lamps regularly because they are not always syncronized !! And the Vortech pumps still do what they want. Mode change doesn't work here at all. Two of my four MPQ pumps always get stuck in the previous mode and go crazy.
I'm not aware that they use forums like this to interact with customers with issues.

They want you to report problems through the app and/or call them.

I also have to routinely power cycle my devices so that they work as programmed.

hyeclass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you fix this issue? I've bought a new MP10QD and i set up my tank and linked my m10 to the tank. Opened the app and now its telling me I'm new and need to set up a new tank, but I CANNOT get my MP10 to connect as it i connected to an existing tank; which has disappeared! I've hard reset it and everything!

What color is the controller white or black

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What color is the controller white or black
QD only comes in black. However the MP10QD came with and without the wireless chip. I believe they discontinued the non wireless since mobius release.

Because he had it connected previously suggest that it was mobius ready (right wireless chip).

He's going to have to contact etm for guidance.

hyeclass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
QD only comes in black. However the MP10QD came with and without the wireless chip. I believe they discontinued the non wireless since mobius release.

Because he had it connected previously suggest that it was mobius ready (right wireless chip).

He's going to have to contact etm for guidance.

i got 2 MP60's do you see light on the W?

Redox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i took the plunge and purchased 3 - G5 XR30 blues.... now regret it.
The mobius control is awful. No manual or instructions. The lights are dropping connection every day. I go home and the lights are at different brightness. I'm now worried they will go to full power and burn the corals/stock etc when i'm not at home and away working. The lack of external communication concerns me too. At least with ESL i could log on and see what was going on and adjust if required.
Would like to hear others experience?

Redox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i took the plunge and purchased 3 - G5 XR30 blues.... now regret it.
The mobius control is awful. No manual or instructions. The lights are dropping connection every day. I go home and the lights are at different brightness. I'm now worried they will go to full power and burn the corals/stock etc when i'm not at home and away working. The lack of external communication concerns me too. At least with ESL i could log on and see what was going on and adjust if required.
Would like to hear others experience?

Redox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my goodness I could and have voiced my opinion about the G5s and Mobius and their short comings. Not to mention the vortecs not working well on Mobius. I have a few more devices than most people do as I put all my eggs I'm one basket when I took the Ecotech plunge. Things like lights coming on and staying on . Not being able to access the Mobius app. Mobius losing all my settings . The lights have zero tolerance for moisture...go figure. Vortecs that show up on Mobius with different serial numbers that what's on the controller. It ..Mobius seems to have a mind of its own. I have 4 Gen fours on the reeflink that have performed flawlessly as do the vortecs that I didn't connect to Mobius. Ecotech has given me two G5s under warranty but they didn't last long. I've lost a total of 5 to water damage. I've tried to disable the fan and on Mobius it says they are but they aren't. I feel like the fans draw in moisture. I get the red poison pill as I call it weekly. Reset after reset . The resets only work for a day or so and bam wake up in the night and the lights are on full blast or disco. I've been back and forth with tech support always hearing that my case is unusual and how it will be fixed. I won't live long enough at this pace. I have decided to ride out the 5 g5s I have left and the 20 plus vortecs till they die and they will not be replaced by the same equipment. I've said my peace and it will upset some people that have had good things from EcoTech. To each his own . I have also looked online and found that I'm not the only one here that has had issues. Looking forward to new technology that rivals the cost and the hype

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it really sucks with this ecotech-stuff. I have 4x G5 Blue, 4x Vortech QD and 1x Vectra here. The only thing that "still" works without problems here is the Vectra. The rest is just annoying! 4000 € for the lamps and these **** things do what they want!

Ecotech should slowly get into their shoes and the snot from Mobius and their stuff fixes!

Dieing for a Drink

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i just picked up a xr30 gen 5...Cant even download the app.AM i able to connect via a usb type connector(light is put away)..CAN this light function without a BROKEN app?why does my alarm clock blow away this light as far as scheduling goes.PLEASE dont tell me i bought what i thought could grow sticks will not work with out a phone or a tablet.I really really need this light to work..limited time and money.thinking about posting this in the prayer room.

Dieing for a Drink

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW i cant believe this...hmm this "mistake" is almost new coke lvl stuff.I really dont like the fact that someone sold me this lamp knowing the app makes going out of town undoable. WE are Liveing with ANIMALS...shoot had a graphics card Accessory that would start computers on fire..a year later and umm that company is no more.and i cant in good conscious resell the light.IM new to the hobby and pretty sick...This problem should have been fixed before making upgrades on Equpment that is broken.HIRE a computer department..dont skimp..I know i didnt...light was costly.Anyway sorry so negative,,but GETREAL.

Dieing for a Drink

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no for some odd reason my samsung wont..however my wifes it downloaded however ..it will not setup correctly..i wish i could just program it with at least basic controls that will keep and grow my friends.im going to factory reset again...Why not have all four ways to program.1.app.2buttons3contoller4Hardwired via usb?ON paper these lights are the best for my Tank at this time..however now i have to 1.prey2resell it tho i have a hard time selling things i wish i didnt buy..3eat the loss.Health problems got me in a timecrunch..im so glad i know now before i killed something.Maybe im wrong ill work on a fix(time)..sure hope so.are youre lights working correctly?

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a pity to hear that. I only know that mobius has had and still has many connect problems lately. I myself have just bought a new vectra vm2 and can't get it installed via mobius at the moment.. because of the connect problems. the radion itself can be operated without mobius and runs on basic mode. the control for this is on the lamp itself.. is not optimal, but better than nothing for the moment.

Last edited:

Dieing for a Drink

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YA MY very nice phone is jail broken and modded..so ya Google play store?why would you make a product that relies on a third party softwere its never a good idea...if google no likes you...well now i cant use a Ecotech Light..not smart.BAD..should be Ecotech only i didnt want to deal with google.Thats a refund in my eyes.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 57 79.2%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.6%
Back