Radion G5's - Mobius

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That circle that get smaller I believe is the count down before it resumes the set schedule program automatically

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because you could have adjusted a time point that is different then the time frame you are currently in. Mobius give you that time to see you adjustment you have made then after time runs out resumes your schedule

Superlightman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because you could have adjusted a time point that is different then the time frame you are currently in. Mobius give you that time to see you adjustment you have made then after time runs out resumes your schedule
Yes but after it should set himself to the settings I made or that are already in the templates, the problem is he have the same reaction as if the acclimation mode is turned on. But it is turned off also the program intensity is at 100%,so I not see what else could make the intensity down?

BruceLeeroy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do dislike the lack of instruction but haven’t been having trouble with mine... just took a ton of trial and error and I still don’t understand the moon phases.

Superlightman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I can't even connect! Tried many time already!

Screenshot_20200621-081137_Mobius.jpg

A_CoupleClowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They diligently need to sort out the people who spent $1,000 for a light that cranks itself to the max and killed their corals.

I get it, I get it. It's new, it's covid right now. But if it wasn't ready to be released it should have waited. Not only did I spend $1000 on a light I also had livestock nuked and jacked up my 5 year in captivity heteractis magnifica.

Don't get me wrong the hardware is great. Besides the cracked cover I still need to replace. But I shouldn't have to panic going to work or sleep that my $1,000 light doesn't do something of its own free will with zero remote monitoring ability.

I’ve lots numerous expensive corals to these lights. I had them set at 60% 16” above the water and they were frying corals on the bottom of my 27” tank. From what I can tell they were running at 100% intensity but I had them set at 60%.

Something is wrong software or hardware wise. I noticed when I adjusted my schedule from 10:50pm to 11:30pm the light intensity went higher. That was right before I updated the software last.

I’m watching a 300 bowerbankii starting to lose the fight right now. I’m more than ticked off at this point. These lights are defective and causing coral deaths plain and simple.

kwall737

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heard there is a cloud cover function, but don’t see it anywhere in the app ... anyone know how to enable that?

Superlightman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the app is full of big I reinstall it 4 times now finally it seems I found a set up. Your corals should fry even not a 100% and 9 '' as the test showed the par then should be around 250-350,so as high you did it shouldn't.
I think the app is a reall crap. I had trouble with the intensity go down if if all set a 100%,the contrary of your problem, the moonlight mode was the problem I don't know why
They the synchronisation between the light not work also the calibration, if you not turn on the GPS on your phone, it don't detect your leds, if I set up some times, it modified me automatically the day time I have set, and if I modify the day time it modify me all the hours, so I could do all I want it was impossible to do a set up.. So many bugs in just two days! Hope it will work now, I scare to touche anything again, because everytime I touch it, I have some issues! How can a company same ecothech do this?! I'm think seriously about sending them back!

Superlightman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again trouble, I was happy to quick the app time not stay synchronised! So it displays the programming from an other hour probably the moonlight was crazy too because of this

Superlightman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the led not turn off this morning as the time is still set on yesterday evening and not moved forward! I need to change it every hour manually! Go inside the app was a challenge too! Bugs again

20200622_083049.jpg Screenshot_20200622-075118_Mobius.jpg

Superlightman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if I resume the situation since Friday :
1) Often bug, I can even not accès to the app, and without reason, it reboot all time.
2) sometimes calibration problems, one time on led shows this kind of light the other, another,and the calibration in the settings is impossible as the light that should be displayed doesn't and it is impossible to click on the button No, this button not work
3)you can't start the app if the GPS is not turned on! Why? what about privacy! Why a led need my position? I don't want this.
4)at the beginning all time every Programm i used was dimmed down same acclimation mode was on, but it wasn't. the intensity of the color channel, of the hour and of the hole program was turned to 100%.finally I found why, it was because of the moonlight that I abbel. This also shut of the lights when it should, in the middle of the day! Don't know why! And why it work day time?
5)then I was not able to make a proper programme, every time I set a duration time, and set all channels for the program, safe all, when I go out, the total time was all time different of what I saved! And when I changed the total time again, it change me the setting time of all the channels! So that it was complety impossible to set a template properly as if you changed one, it change the others two!
6)after a factory reset and reinstall multiple times the app, it finally worked. But not for long time, as it change the time I set, no i can set the time manually or automatically, the time most of time not change, not go forward, so the program stay at the same hour all time, for example the leds not turn on this morning!!
7)i can even not send ecothech screen shots here as the button not work also

Superlightman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick updates, this afternoon finally the app seems to keep the right time and runned over the programme properly, just now it turn off don't now why, ith should be turn on, anyway I will see if tomorrow they turn on alone

Superlightman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely a bad company write for a general question i got a reply,i write for asking for the bug and the issues,never got a reply..

Ruinsedge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely a bad company write for a general question i got a reply,i write for asking for the bug and the issues,never got a reply..

I'm having a bit of trouble following you, no offense. I'm assuming English isn't your first language due to your screenshots. So I'll try my best.

First things first, are your lights updated to the newest firmware? Is your Mobius app fully up to date? Those updates fixed a lot of these issues for others.

Did you try to go into settings > troubleshooting > verify settings?

The app crashes for me on Android if my Bluetooth isn't turned on. So make sure that's on before opening the app.

Superlightman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having a bit of trouble following you, no offense. I'm assuming English isn't your first language due to your screenshots. So I'll try my best.

First things first, are your lights updated to the newest firmware? Is your Mobius app fully up to date? Those updates fixed a lot of these issues for others.

Did you try to go into settings > troubleshooting > verify settings?

The app crashes for me on Android if my Bluetooth isn't turned on. So make sure that's on before opening the app.
Yes I checked all this point already,yes I need Bluetooth and GPS turned on or the App will not launch. Now if I take a preset template it works ,but if I modify it once it works ,but if I modify another time after have saved it,it bugs if I change the day duration, then impossible to get the customization want.so for now I use a preset templates without modify the times,it is the only way to get it work, but the customization programme i want,i can forget

Ruinsedge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I checked all this point already,yes I need Bluetooth and GPS turned on or the App will not launch. Now if I take a preset template it works ,but if I modify it once it works ,but if I modify another time after have saved it,it bugs if I change the day duration, then impossible to get the customization want.so for now I use a preset templates without modify the times,it is the only way to get it work, but the customization programme i want,i can forget

I honestly haven't seen this issue. The app is a bit weird to get used to I'll admit. Hopefully it's just that. So how do you go about making your profile?

I always hit templates, then ab+, then set sunrise, sunset times. Then adjust my points as needed making sure to hit save in the top right after every point adjustment. Then I go back to the home screen and bit resume schedule just in case and close the app.

All of my adjustments since initial profile setup are working properly. But I have never changed my duration after profile setup.

All I can say is make sure to always hit save on every adjustment and try hitting resume schedule before closing out the app.

There could possibly be a bug there and may want to contact support.

Superlightman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly haven't seen this issue. The app is a bit weird to get used to I'll admit. Hopefully it's just that. So how do you go about making your profile?

I always hit templates, then ab+, then set sunrise, sunset times. Then adjust my points as needed making sure to hit save in the top right after every point adjustment. Then I go back to the home screen and bit resume schedule just in case and close the app.

All of my adjustments since initial profile setup are working properly. But I have never changed my duration after profile setup.

All I can say is make sure to always hit save on every adjustment and try hitting resume schedule before closing out the app.

There could possibly be a bug there and may want to contact support.
Yes i did all this,but once you do a change or change the sunrise and sunset time,it will modify all your schedules and if you modify the schedules again so you want it modify your sunset and sunrise time,so that you can never keep what you set properly.so the only option in have for now is to keep the preset setting and modify them slightly and then no lore touch them.
I have contact them,but as they not answer...

Ruinsedge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes i did all this,but once you do a change or change the sunrise and sunset time,it will modify all your schedules and if you modify the schedules again so you want it modify your sunset and sunrise time,so that you can never keep what you set properly.so the only option in have for now is to keep the preset setting and modify them slightly and then no lore touch them.
I have contact them,but as they not answer...

Not sure who they have working how due to covid but I'd try again on Monday during their open hours. If not send them an email maybe people are working remote right now.

Odd question, why are you changing your sunrise and sunset often? I never touch my 8am-8pm I just adjust the points themselves.

Superlightman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I not changed it often, but when you get it,yoy tried different things too see what is best,but once i change one time or ad shedules it bugs

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 164 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back