Radion G5's - Mobius

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Djalexchang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The G4s are actually running perfectly with Mobius. And the G5s are mere days away from being the same way. It's only a matter of time that mobius will be controlling all ecotech equipment.
Did they release it for the g4 pro yet?

Caccamo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi @all.

New G5 XR15 Blue.

4 days ago i started up the new lamp.
I power cycle the lamp, i open moebius, i setup my tank and the lamp schedule with the wizard, i put the acclimitation mode.
Just it.
In these four days everything has worked as it is supposed to work. This morning at 11:45am i found the lamp off when it's supposed to start @ 10:00 am.
I open mobius app and found all settings correct. It's show the exact time, show that was open with useal settings, but the lamp still remain off. I try to start the demo featurse, and after the demo featurse the lampstart the schedule.
So why something like this?
I open the mobius app only two time to setup all. In 4 days he lost its schedule. In 2 years of Hydra lamp, never happened something like this.

Can someone help me?

deahttub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi @all.

New G5 XR15 Blue.

4 days ago i started up the new lamp.
I power cycle the lamp, i open moebius, i setup my tank and the lamp schedule with the wizard, i put the acclimitation mode.
Just it.
In these four days everything has worked as it is supposed to work. This morning at 11:45am i found the lamp off when it's supposed to start @ 10:00 am.
I open mobius app and found all settings correct. It's show the exact time, show that was open with useal settings, but the lamp still remain off. I try to start the demo featurse, and after the demo featurse the lampstart the schedule.
So why something like this?
I open the mobius app only two time to setup all. In 4 days he lost its schedule. In 2 years of Hydra lamp, never happened something like this.

Can someone help me?

hit resume schedule and it will go back to normal. For some reason they can get out of sync...

Last edited:

Caccamo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one of the most expensive led light in the market, and can happen something like that?!

Tim at EcoTech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big Update today to address the straying from schedule problem that some of you guys reported.

1589415083682.png

Jstn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big Update today to address the straying from schedule problem that some of you guys reported.

1589415083682.png

Hi Tim, I updated mine earlier today with the new update and experienced the issue this evening (only one unit was ramping down properly). I redid the verify settings and both show as ok, i submitted a ticket.

Just a heads up

Ruinsedge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The G4s are actually running perfectly with Mobius. And the G5s are mere days away from being the same way. It's only a matter of time that mobius will be controlling all ecotech equipment.

One can hope. My G5 is a big turd right now.
Burned some coral to death already by deciding on its own what intensity it wanted. Come home from work to a whole days photoperiod missed. Wake up in the middle of the night to a full power tank for no reason...

I'd love to be able to remotely check my lights instead of playing the "I wonder if my light is on or burning my tank to death" game while at work. Lot can happen in 10 hours.

Last edited:

Jstn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One can hope. My G5 is a big turd right now.
Burned some coral to death already by deciding on its own what intensity it wanted. Come home from work to a whole days photoperiod missed. Wake up in the middle of the night to a full power tank for no reason...

I'd love to be able to remotely check my lights instead of playing the "I wonder if my light is on or burning my tank to death" game while at work. Lot can happen in 10 hours.

I am experiencing the same here; i wondering if i should program my neptune to power cycle these lights every few hours to deal with the uncertainty.

Last edited:

Ruinsedge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am experiencing the same here; i wondering if i should program my neptune to power cycle these lights every few hours to deal with the uncertainty.

Do a test run over the weekend when you can watch. I barely trust this thing to go to work.

Ruinsedge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing to note, this is something that will be fixed in the software. The software developers are diligently working to correct this.

They diligently need to sort out the people who spent $1,000 for a light that cranks itself to the max and killed their corals.

I get it, I get it. It's new, it's covid right now. But if it wasn't ready to be released it should have waited. Not only did I spend $1000 on a light I also had livestock nuked and jacked up my 5 year in captivity heteractis magnifica.

Don't get me wrong the hardware is great. Besides the cracked cover I still need to replace. But I shouldn't have to panic going to work or sleep that my $1,000 light doesn't do something of its own free will with zero remote monitoring ability.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back