Radion G5's - Mobius

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
huh, I have an ancient android S8 and it allows me on, I thought for sure I would have to upgrade, but got lucky.

I'm not an apple guy, and hopefully never will be, but one thing that apple does right is their bluetooth standards.

Curious what android device you have?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
huh, I have an ancient android S8 and it allows me on, I thought for sure I would have to upgrade, but got lucky.

I'm not an apple guy, and hopefully never will be, but one thing that apple does right is their bluetooth standards.

Curious what android device you have?
It's a Samsung S6, so it could be an issue with my ancient phone. I'll borrow an iPhone today and see if that works, and coordinate with their customer service. The G5 Pro looks like a solid unit.

5th Day

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So glad I read this thread!!
I've had the G5s since they were released, and havent had any issues, even controlling with a 40 dollar prepaid android that is a dedicated Reef control pannel.
I just picked up some Versas (thanks Tommy @WWC Winter Park, awsome customer service) and a new android tablet as an upgrade to my dedicated reef control pannel. Mobius would find the Versas on the phone but wouldn't find them or the G5s on the tab. Long story short, tried everything; ETM customer service (very helpfull, great communication skills BTW), re booting, factory resetting, plugging/unplugging, removing existing tank, even created another Mobius account. Then I read this about 15 mins ago, turned on location services and now Mobius sees all my devices.
It may be a just a coincident but it worked so I'll take it....
One last thought, a Apex/Mobius interface would sure be nice, it appears the two are gearing up for a head to head in my opinion, but until they can both provide the same functionality it would nice to only have to hit one feed mode button.

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The issues could well be on my part. The G5 Pro looks like a solid unit, and I look forward to getting test results.
I agree the light itself as far as spread and par is great, it's going from a Pc program to the phone app is frustrating for me. The slider bar to increase par is very touchy.

deahttub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree the light itself as far as spread and par is great, it's going from a Pc program to the phone app is frustrating for me. The slider bar to increase par is very touchy.

agreed. I think he thing that gets me is one touch to the schedule you cant revert back. Its like it automatically saves when you poke around...that being said, the lights are fantastic. I have had little to no problems. Any issues have been user error...

Ruinsedge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else expand the firmware update window and see that it updated wifi components? Please tell me there is a wifi chip in these things and a full cloud solution will come out. This Bluetooth gotta be at the tank thing is gonna be annoying.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else expand the firmware update window and see that it updated wifi components? Please tell me there is a wifi chip in these things and a full cloud solution will come out. This Bluetooth gotta be at the tank thing is gonna be annoying.
Yes, it's been said before that there are some ecotech equipment with wifi capability, the radions are one of them.

Ruinsedge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it's been said before that there are some ecotech equipment with wifi capability, the radions are one of them.
Thanks! Hopefully this means cloud support. I'm new to radions. I'm used to my hydras on my Apex. I keep seeing that there is going to be some sort of solution but haven't heard much on the subject.

Doesn't help the world is crazy either.

Tim at EcoTech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the Radion G5 has wifi. It is not currently enabled but will be in due time. It will also drag along any non-wifi enabled EcoTech products that you have which are on Mobius.

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever since the update at the end of last week, my Radions have been dripping schedule and coming on or turning off at random times. I’ve had to fully reboot all of the lights at least twice now. Seems to have been stable today, but not sure how long that will last.

Ruinsedge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever since the update at the end of last week, my Radions have been dripping schedule and coming on or turning off at random times. I’ve had to fully reboot all of the lights at least twice now. Seems to have been stable today, but not sure how long that will last.
Come on in the other thread. Ours are doing the same.

My best luck so far has been open Mobius, hit resume schedule, close out the app, and never touch it again. I've gotten almost 48hrs of proper lighting.

Djalexchang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With Mobius, the lights are not technically "dropping" a connection because they only form a connection when the app is opened. The rest of the time that they are running, they are running the schedule that you programmed into them when they were connected. I assume you mean that when you open your app, it doesn't see all of the lights. We will have an update coming soon that improves this connection problem. In the mean time you power cycle your light and that will resolve it now showing up on Mobius when you open the app.

As for your lights running different schedules, it's possible that they are not programmed to the same time as one another, or that one of the instances when you opened Mobius and it didn't connect to all your lights, the lights that it did connect to got programmed with a different schedule by you inadvertently.

This is what I recommend:

Power cycle each light
Open the Mobius App
You should see all your lights.
Go to your settings, tap "Time" and then proceed to set your time and date by clicking "Set to Current Time"

This way you force all the lights to be on the same time, just in case that's what your issue is. Again, the lights running at different intensities is not an issue of them not connecting to your app. They don't have to be connected to anything once programmed in order to run their schedule. If they are running in a fashion differently than what you expect, it is a programming issue that should be resolved by the steps above, not a connectivity one.
Not trying to steal the thread here but I’ve read that mobius will be available for G4’s as well. Does anyone have any new info on that?

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not trying to steal the thread here but I’ve read that mobius will be available for G4’s as well. Does anyone have any new info on that?
Yes, they will eventually be added to mobius, there's no time frame on when it will happen though.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THere is another thread with people haveIng same issues. If I can figure out how to link it here I will.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Check this out I’ve been in contact with etm and this is what I was told

Ruinsedge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

On later model g4's that have the chip (from what I've heard). But trust me right now you aren't missing much. It's not very robust and is infuriating to set small points on a phone screen. You can only use the app nothing else while in proximity of your tank with Mobius.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On later model g4's that have the chip (from what I've heard). But trust me right now you aren't missing much. It's not very robust and is infuriating to set small points on a phone screen. You can only use the app nothing else while in proximity of your tank with Mobius.
The G4s are actually running perfectly with Mobius. And the G5s are mere days away from being the same way. It's only a matter of time that mobius will be controlling all ecotech equipment.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back