Radion G5's - Mobius

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tim at EcoTech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apologies are due here...

When I spoke with our team I inadvertently narrowed the conversation to iOS devices only. However, Mobius does need location services/GPS enabled for Android devices. Android requires location services/GPS be turned on in order to allow BLE scanning. iOS devices to not require that location services be turned on.

Regardless, we do not look at or use any GPS data.

AcanthurusRex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my three XR15 G5s yesterday.
All three connected without issue. Took 1% the time that the Kessil AP700s require.
Why would it be a surprise that Google want to track your location?

weamdog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put $800 of new acro in my tank and found out that the app no longer works! How the heck are we supposed to acclimate with a light that is nothing more than a paper weight? I see you updated the app on the 9th, what did you do to brick our lights? And here I was thinking about buying another gen5, good thing I've discovered they are useless without working software. When I first bought this light the week they came out, the software wasn't perfect, but at least it worked.

DTz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
been running 3 xr15s for 2 weeks.. no issue with mobius or anything. only issue is crack case.

A_CoupleClowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All 5 of mine have a cracked case and I have Bluetooth connection and timing out issues.

One light changes it’s settings and the blues stay on into the night randomly. Then when I’m up trying to fix it (right now) I can’t connect/Bluetooth timing out.

Glad I decided to try leds and went with one of the biggest/best manufacturers. I would go as far to say this the worst reef tank purchase I have EVER made ($$$$)

If ecotech doesn’t do something about this mess quickly,I sense a radion exodus coming soon.

A_CoupleClowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without being able to communicate with the app these lights become almost useless.

E19C94DC-B894-4BB4-ADA9-3E384CD3D502.png

DothanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apologies are due here...

When I spoke with our team I inadvertently narrowed the conversation to iOS devices only. However, Mobius does need location services/GPS enabled for Android devices. Android requires location services/GPS be turned on in order to allow BLE scanning. iOS devices to not require that location services be turned on.

Regardless, we do not look at or use any GPS data.

Thanks for setting it straight. Glad to have a small part in helping.

Tim at EcoTech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a firmware update coming this week specifically addressing the G5 connection bug. It has resolved the problem in our testing. Thanks all for your patience

AcanthurusRex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So will I still need to use Location Svcs after update is released? I use Android.
Looks like that is an Android feature from the previous post.
"Android requires location services/GPS be turned on in order to allow BLE scanning. iOS devices to not require that location services be turned on."
ETM should have checked to make sure it is on.

OP
OP
A

ajx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated Firmware is available now guys, go get it!

HolySmoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to give people heads up. I updated my 3 radion g5 blues through mobius. Thank God I went downstairs before lights out. I needed to press resume schedule for some reason. Up until now this button on Android did absolutely nothing I believe. Had I not caught this my lights would have fried all acros.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 22.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back