Radion G5's - Mobius

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ajx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i took the plunge and purchased 3 - G5 XR30 blues.... now regret it.
The mobius control is awful. No manual or instructions. The lights are dropping connection every day. I go home and the lights are at different brightness. I'm now worried they will go to full power and burn the corals/stock etc when i'm not at home and away working. The lack of external communication concerns me too. At least with ESL i could log on and see what was going on and adjust if required.
Would like to hear others experience?

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you provide a screen shot of the Mobius App screen and lighting so we can see what you’re referring to? I’m looking at G5s and am reading everything regarding it.

FWIW, I hate the reeflink app on my Iphone and Ipad. If Mobius is similar then it could be a factor for me.

OP
OP
A

ajx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you provide a screen shot of the Mobius App screen and lighting so we can see what you’re referring to? I’m looking at G5s and am reading everything regarding it.

FWIW, I hate the reeflink app on my Iphone and Ipad. If Mobius is similar then it could be a factor for me.

sure, i'll do it tonight. Will attempt a screen video etc.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is also a concern of mine with the G5 having a closed architecture and no plan on making it Apex compatible.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mobius control is awful. No manual or instructions. The lights are dropping connection every day. I go home and the lights are at different brightness. I'm now worried they will go to full power and burn the corals/stock etc when i'm not at home and away working. The lack of external communication concerns me too. At least with ESL i could log on and see what was going on and adjust if required.
What did customer support tell you when you called them?

Tim at EcoTech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With Mobius, the lights are not technically "dropping" a connection because they only form a connection when the app is opened. The rest of the time that they are running, they are running the schedule that you programmed into them when they were connected. I assume you mean that when you open your app, it doesn't see all of the lights. We will have an update coming soon that improves this connection problem. In the mean time you power cycle your light and that will resolve it now showing up on Mobius when you open the app.

As for your lights running different schedules, it's possible that they are not programmed to the same time as one another, or that one of the instances when you opened Mobius and it didn't connect to all your lights, the lights that it did connect to got programmed with a different schedule by you inadvertently.

This is what I recommend:

Power cycle each light
Open the Mobius App
You should see all your lights.
Go to your settings, tap "Time" and then proceed to set your time and date by clicking "Set to Current Time"

This way you force all the lights to be on the same time, just in case that's what your issue is. Again, the lights running at different intensities is not an issue of them not connecting to your app. They don't have to be connected to anything once programmed in order to run their schedule. If they are running in a fashion differently than what you expect, it is a programming issue that should be resolved by the steps above, not a connectivity one.

OP
OP
A

ajx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With Mobius, the lights are not technically "dropping" a connection because they only form a connection when the app is opened. The rest of the time that they are running, they are running the schedule that you programmed into them when they were connected. I assume you mean that when you open your app, it doesn't see all of the lights. We will have an update coming soon that improves this connection problem. In the mean time you power cycle your light and that will resolve it now showing up on Mobius when you open the app.

As for your lights running different schedules, it's possible that they are not programmed to the same time as one another, or that one of the instances when you opened Mobius and it didn't connect to all your lights, the lights that it did connect to got programmed with a different schedule by you inadvertently.

This is what I recommend:

Power cycle each light
Open the Mobius App
You should see all your lights.
Go to your settings, tap "Time" and then proceed to set your time and date by clicking "Set to Current Time"

This way you force all the lights to be on the same time, just in case that's what your issue is. Again, the lights running at different intensities is not an issue of them not connecting to your app. They don't have to be connected to anything once programmed in order to run their schedule. If they are running in a fashion differently than what you expect, it is a programming issue that should be resolved by the steps above, not a connectivity one.

Thanks tim i will try that this evening.
Why is there no manual or help files anywhere. I'm also in the beta, running that on my main phone and appreciate that's expected to be buggy yet ironically its running my MP40's and Vectra M2 flawless!

Tim at EcoTech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks tim i will try that this evening.
Why is there no manual or help files anywhere. I'm also in the beta, running that on my main phone and appreciate that's expected to be buggy yet ironically its running my MP40's and Vectra M2 flawless!

Oh! If you're on beta that changes a lot. You will NOT be able to add a G5 light into Beta if you are using other devices in there. We recommend you setup a new tank just for the G5 programming if you are going to stay with Mobius Beta. Otherwise you can transition to Mobius Production but you will lose the control of your other devices. This is just one of those issues associated with being a beta tester.

OP
OP
A

ajx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh! If you're on beta that changes a lot. You will NOT be able to add a G5 light into Beta if you are using other devices in there. We recommend you setup a new tank just for the G5 programming if you are going to stay with Mobius Beta. Otherwise you can transition to Mobius Production but you will lose the control of your other devices. This is just one of those issues associated with being a beta tester.
Tim,
I'm using an older phone running ios13 and the public app for my NEW G5's.
My main phone is on the beta app running the Mp40's and Vectra M2
I have seperate tank setup for the Lights and Pumps.
Alan

Tim at EcoTech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, if thats the case please follow the instructions I provided above and as a beta tester and EcoTech Expert member, kindly communicate directly with our customer service department rather than post here from now moving forward

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, if thats the case please follow the instructions I provided above and as a beta tester and EcoTech Expert member, kindly communicate directly with our customer service department rather than post here from now moving forward
I hear different dates, but when did Ecotech start to include chips that will communicate with Mobius?

OP
OP
A

ajx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[
I hear different dates, but when did Ecotech start to include chips that will communicate with Mobius?
You can check if your models (MP40's) etc are supported through ESL. There's an i in a round circle in the devices area. Says if compatible or upgradeable etc

d3vhound

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apps and technology is user error prone without manuals. Even simple YouTube tutorials would go a long way. I know my grandparents benefit from them lol.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have g5s, but use an apple for beta and android for public mobius, when creating the account on android it populated with all the components on beta version... because of that there were conflicts, even though the lights and pumps are there, the app crashes when trying to do anything with them.

Makes sense to have the g5s attached to a separate tank on the public mobius version, otherwise there will be conflicts between the 2 versions.

OP
OP
A

ajx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have g5s, but use an apple for beta and android for public mobius, when creating the account on android it populated with all the components on beta version... because of that there were conflicts, even though the lights and pumps are there, the app crashes when trying to do anything with them.

Makes sense to have the g5s attached to a separate tank on the public mobius version, otherwise there will be conflicts between the 2 versions.
That's right

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here, finally got through to echotech and got one email back. Zero answer when I asked for instructions. My light keeps dimming after i set it, I have been asking on Facebook for help. Total joke

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back