Radion G5's - Mobius

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i took the plunge and purchased 3 - G5 XR30 blues.... now regret it.
The mobius control is awful. No manual or instructions. The lights are dropping connection every day. I go home and the lights are at different brightness. I'm now worried they will go to full power and burn the corals/stock etc when i'm not at home and away working. The lack of external communication concerns me too. At least with ESL i could log on and see what was going on and adjust if required.
Would like to hear others experience?
Give echotech a call. I was on the phone with them all morning yesterday and they walked me through it. Very nice, Patient and super helpful. I understand Mobius now, I think anyway. Call them! You’ll be glad you did.

OP
OP
A

ajx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give echotech a call. I was on the phone with them all morning yesterday and they walked me through it. Very nice, Patient and super helpful. I understand Mobius now, I think anyway. Call them! You’ll be glad you did.

I followed tim's suggestion and set the time etc. So far they seem to be behaving but will put them through their paces this weekend.
I'm still astounded from the lack of instructions and understanding between the public app and the lights!

OP
OP
A

ajx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, if thats the case please follow the instructions I provided above and as a beta tester and EcoTech Expert member, kindly communicate directly with our customer service department rather than post here from now moving forward

That seems to have worked at the moment Tim,however i also reset the lights and created a new tank. i will challenge them more over this weekend.

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I followed Jim's suggestion and set the time etc. So far they seem to be behaving but will put them through their paces this weekend.
I'm still astounded from the lack of instructions and understanding between the public app and the lights!
[/

Swell

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i took the plunge and purchased 3 - G5 XR30 blues.... now regret it.
The mobius control is awful. No manual or instructions. The lights are dropping connection every day. I go home and the lights are at different brightness. I'm now worried they will go to full power and burn the corals/stock etc when i'm not at home and away working. The lack of external communication concerns me too. At least with ESL i could log on and see what was going on and adjust if required.
Would like to hear others experience?

Were you familiar with the Reeflink/Ecosmartlive functionality? I agree with you that the move to Mobius is a big step backward. Do you have any other devices that are currently on reeflink (Vectras, MPs)? Do you now have to manage reeflink products and mobius products? Or does the other ecotech equipment have mobius chips? Thank you for sharing your experience. This is a huge deterrent for me, especially since I found the ecosmart platform wonderful.

OP
OP
A

ajx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were you familiar with the Reeflink/Ecosmartlive functionality? I agree with you that the move to Mobius is a big step backward. Do you have any other devices that are currently on reeflink (Vectras, MPs)? Do you now have to manage reeflink products and mobius products? Or does the other ecotech equipment have mobius chips? Thank you for sharing your experience. This is a huge deterrent for me, especially since I found the ecosmart platform wonderful.

I have taken everything off reeflink. I'm actually in the beta test for mobius and to be honest that has worked perfect for my MP40's and Vectra M2 pump. I cannot fault it using the BETA App. Setup was easy to be honest.
The G5's now appear to be behaving and working as they should on the Public App.
I'm sure once the app is polished and hopefully available through the cloud it will be better than reeflink. If the instructions were readily available i believe the issue would have been detected and dealt with very early on. Hopefully instructions will be released very soon.

emvanburen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems while the acclimation feature creates the dotted lines, so too does reducing point intensity below 100%. So in my case I have 35% set - no acclimation - so when I click on a dot it goes bright and I have no idea what I’m actually getting. Then it dims again. Help!

emvanburen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a scene selected when you see the dotted line?

Screen shots would help
No scenes selected. Are scenes just temporary settings? What purpose do they serve?
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1e.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1f.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_20.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_21.jpg

Falco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured it out. Schedule intensity was set to 50%. I guess this setting allows you to dim the whole program in one place?

This seems to be the case, took me a little while to figure it out as well. The schedule percentage will override the point intensity setting for the lighting schedule. I think it defaults to 50% on the schedule when you load a template, at least that’s what it looks like to me. I have to play with it more tomorrow because I just got mine setup but with the limited options the app has its kinda crazy that it’s a head scratcher...

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Every time i try to make a change I get Bluetooth unavailable or can't connect to bluetooth. But it lets me connect to see my tank I just can't make any changes that's when I get the bluetooth Messages. And don't get me started about the stupid moonlights.

maharsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Gen 5 Blues and coming from the Reef Link I want to through my phone against the wall trying to use this point of sale App.
I was like that at first. Didnt like it at all because I was use to Apex control. After a while you get used to it. Im glad I got the Blue Rads though. You just have to play with the software. I wish I could to it on a computer. It would be easier than a phone app. I cant get my moonlights to work either. Frustrating

Hersheyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's just a learning curve, I also came from the apex control. It's fairly simple once you get used to it. I'm not sure what the issue you guys had with the moonlight.. but when I set mine up, my moonlights were on automatically after lights were out. and I couldn't get them to turn off... After messing around with the app I figure it out... I just had to click on the time chart (circles) on the chart and bring the point intensity down to zero... (all the led colors were at 0% but intensity was at 100%). Once I did that moon lights were off.

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well I have three lights I don't know how but now one is only on moon lights while the other two are AB+ and fully lit.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back