Radion XR30 Gen5 AB+ Question

Rrwilson1223

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2020
Messages
249
Reaction score
316
Location
Santa Rosa CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I’m upgrading from 4 RedSea 90s to 3 Radion XR30 G5 Blues over my Red Sea Reefer 750. Was wondering what intensity other folks recommended for my type of tank with mostly Acropora/SPS? I’m planning on running the Coral Lab AB+ setting. Bought the mounts which will place the lights at 9in above the tank.

Currently run my 90s at 95% blues and 30% white at peak. I do have a screen top so I know I’ll lose some par.

So any Radion folks out there with advice for a newbie to the XR30? Should I start at 40% intensity?

Thanks all!
 
i'm running 10 xr15 g5's that i started on 40 but now i'm at 65 and i think it's plenty. Very strong numbers
 
I think you need to look at your specific tank, a par meter really helps. 100–150 on the sand, 350 ish 3/4th the way up is a good mix
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new