Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

spscrazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is awsome! is it a tableing coral? you might not be happy with your scaping but we would still love a fts

OP
OP
SteezySPS

SteezySPS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I drove 44 miles to vivd aquariums October '10 just for this acro. The owner Dave cut the frag directly from the main colony for me. they look similar in their color pattern but I'm horrible with ids

OP
OP
SteezySPS

SteezySPS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is awsome! is it a tableing coral? you might not be happy with your scaping but we would still love a fts
it sorta grows like a table when you look underneath the mother colony at vivid but I wouldn't say it's your run-of-the-mill table. It's not only the scape but the 2 large frag tables in the front middle and two other frag plates on the sides that really make the tank look ugly. tank is way too crowded

OP
OP
SteezySPS

SteezySPS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Hellangel. I hope I can keep for a very long time. I had a very large cali tort that i acquired when I first started getting into sps and it suddenly rtn'd one day for no apparent reason. I was bummed out.

Nuocmam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to heat about the Cali. Steezy's pics making me want a piece of this one but o read it's hard to get the colors. Anybody else have this badboy?

OP
OP
SteezySPS

SteezySPS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to heat about the Cali. Steezy's pics making me want a piece of this one but o read it's hard to get the colors. Anybody else have this badboy?
Get it Nuocmam! The last side view pic I posted is a very accurate representative pic of what you would see in person and it looks even better when you see it from a higher angle. The yellow is more like a gold-yellow rather than a greenish yellow. I'm sure there are other reefers that have a colored-up rainbow delights but dont use these forums. I have been in this hobby for over 5 years and have been using these forums for less than a year. If I can color it up anybody can. It just takes patience but its worth it and btw, par is overrated

OP
OP
SteezySPS

SteezySPS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
an update as of today
IMG_7853.jpg

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man, i want a frag so bad, my girlfriend stopped at vivid the other day but they didn't have any frags on hand

OP
OP
SteezySPS

SteezySPS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The owner didnt want to frag it? They didn't have any frags on hand but I told Dave that I drove from orange county to purchase it and he cut me a frag from the mother stock and was willing to cut more frags for me of other colonies in their 800 gallon show tank.

OP
OP
SteezySPS

SteezySPS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be my last update for a very very long time. I sold this colony here for a price I couldnt refuse and I'm shipping it thursday.:cry: Feel free to post pics here if you like. I just saw another much bigger rd colony at a lfs that was coloring up nicely. he had it very low in the tank, almost at the bottom.

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ha my girlfriend drove from Salinas (4 hours) and they weren't willing to frag it.. i was sad, ha. oh well, maybe next time

he did say they had another colony not at the store that if i ordered online they could get me a piece. I plan on ordering one soon.

aw you sold it!? i bet that was a pretty penny ha

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ha my girlfriend drove from Salinas (4 hours) and they weren't willing to frag it.. i was sad, ha. oh well, maybe next time

he did say they had another colony not at the store that if i ordered online they could get me a piece. I plan on ordering one soon.

aw you sold it!? i bet that was a pretty penny ha
ha a pretty girl like that going into a fish store...I am surprised they didn't just give a frag to her...

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you kept a frag for yourself. If so you can just start over with the progression shots.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.2%
Back