SteezySPS

SteezySPS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks guys. I feel a lil better letting it go. lol
I cut a lil nub for myself a month prior because another guy here told me he has been on the waiting list for over 4 months and the last time I visited vivd, the mother wasnt looking as sultry as it did before. Hope they didnt lose it. I need to visit that store again soon.

MattL22

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys big secret but the guy who just signed up here on reef 2 reef has frags of this at least I got mine from him about month ago he is very sly about it!
If u don't get lame joke I'm sorry

Der ABT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man that thing was looking very nice, any pics of your nub
mine is doing pretty good ill try to get a pic up soon, only had it for a month or so but cant wait for it to get bigger.

Jason Fox has some for sale on his website as well if im not mistaken..his mother colony is freaking nuts..wish i could see vivids mother in person

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is my ultimates, still coloring up a bit from tank move. I chopped this piece off of my mother colony, cause it was all I could fit on the rock in my downsized tank
Its a bad pic

P1230035.jpg

OP
OP
SteezySPS

SteezySPS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow the mother colony must be huge! looks very nice and the growth shape of the colonies look very similar. would you say they are the same based on the corallites?

OP
OP
SteezySPS

SteezySPS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one more thing, does yours also have the light purple or pink at the tips?
all is not lost. I fragged a small piece less than a month ago and it lost color. today it's encrusting and showing new bright colors again! especially at the base.
its a pretty fast grower once it gets settled because the momma healed and was growing another branch.

IMG_8068-1.jpg

OP
OP
SteezySPS

SteezySPS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man that thing was looking very nice, any pics of your nub
mine is doing pretty good ill try to get a pic up soon, only had it for a month or so but cant wait for it to get bigger.

Jason Fox has some for sale on his website as well if im not mistaken..his mother colony is freaking nuts..wish i could see vivids mother in person
thanks. pls update with pics! i saw that colony on his website and it looks sick. My friend just went to vivid and he didnt see the rainbow. not sure they have it anymore.

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think its very similar also..mine is nicely colored. and its at the very top of the display so taking a nice full colony pic is not a prob is u guys want me to do so..
so that you guys can see the differance.

sonnus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
still wondering if this is the same acro as the ultimates rainbow
The Ultimates Rainbow and Vivid's Rainbow Delight are two totally different corals.

Their growth structures are similar but definitely not the same when compared directly next to one another. The colors are also completely different in my tank.

sportzfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which one in your opinion is the better of the two?

The Ultimates Rainbow and Vivid's Rainbow Delight are two totally different corals.

Their growth structures are similar but definitely not the same when compared directly next to one another. The colors are also completely different in my tank.

sonnus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which one in your opinion is the better of the two?
I personally like Ultimates Rainbow Acro better. Vivid's Rainbow Delight looks incredible from a top-down angle but from is not that impressive looking through the front of the aquarium. They are both tough to color up and both turn brown easily. My Ultimate's Rainbow browns out every time I frag it and was the only coral in my tank to loose color when my temperature dropped below 72.

sonnus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's an old picture of the two side by side. The Ultimate's Rainbow is much more intense and darker in color.
Ultimates-Vivids-Rainbows_DSC5166.jpg

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 100 76.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 17 13.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back