Rainbows in Spain

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to drop a note to say "thanks" and show off a coral that we got from you.

14174635378_08c12f6951_b.jpg

Have had it for about 14-months now. Fairly slow grower but I think that's because it has been spending all of its energy encrusting. Hoping those little branches start shooting up soon! The color from top down is impressive.

Thanks again!
- Z

nova65ss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! I have had it for a few years it is the pic on my avatar. It is such a sweet acro and a slow grower for me too.

OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! I have had it for a few years it is the pic on my avatar. It is such a sweet acro and a slow grower for me too.

Cool, nice pic!

I agree and glad to hear I'm not the only one experiencing slow growth! :)

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! That piece has been on my list along with a few others I need to pick up from Adam.

OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know it's a gem when it's a slow grower. LOL

Ha! If that's the standard, then I have a lot of "gems." But I do like this piece.

Very nice! That piece has been on my list along with a few others I need to pick up from Adam.

Thanks! I'm always tempted to add more sticks when I see his posts, but I don't have anywhere to put them.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How delightful. this is truly one of my favorite acros. somehow its been nicknamed the "Spainbow" (maybe out of laziness on my part) Glad to see yours and others doing well and thanks do much for sharing!

Here is a quick top down of one of my over fragged mothers:). Down to one branch/cluster on this one but under t5s this one may be the best looking out of four separate colony's I have grown from frags in three different systems.

IMG_0429_zpsdc6419a8.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Spainbow," I like that!

Thanks for sharing the mother colony picture. Fun to see.

Really impressed with how you display your coral frags. I'm sure we'll put together another order in the future.

Thanks again.

ReefMadScientist

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Spainbow," I like that!

Thanks for sharing the mother colony picture. Fun to see.

Really impressed with how you display your coral frags. I'm sure we'll put together another order in the future.

Thanks again.

When can I get a frag? I am in Phoenix also.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Very nice. It's about to go crazy with all those branches starting to come in. Sit back and enjoy.

if only. :( such is the fate of a mother colony. shell be clipped and clipped again never fully reaching maturity. I try to keep multiple mothers of stuff i really like to help curtail stress and the even worse dormancy but the pretty ones never seem to get big. I vowed to leave my little display alone and have been diligent for over a year now. Lets hope i can keep it up. I confess ther is something a little sad about a large shallow tank full of abused mothers. As opposed to a thriving reef tank left alone to mature:)

must be feeling a bit reflective this AM lol.

nova65ss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if only. :( such is the fate of a mother colony. shell be clipped and clipped again never fully reaching maturity. I try to keep multiple mothers of stuff i really like to help curtail stress and the even worse dormancy but the pretty ones never seem to get big. I vowed to leave my little display alone and have been diligent for over a year now. Lets hope i can keep it up. I confess ther is something a little sad about a large shallow tank full of abused mothers. As opposed to a thriving reef tank left alone to mature:)

must be feeling a bit reflective this AM lol.

Ha I can imagine it is somewhat painful clipping the nice ones all the time I know it would hurt me!

OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When can I get a frag? I am in Phoenix also.

Going to take awhile before it's ready to frag, but you'll be able to get one at the PROP auction when it's finally ready. Do you post on the AZ FRAG forum or follow PROP on facebook?

Very nice. It's about to go crazy with all those branches starting to come in. Sit back and enjoy.

Thanks. I hope so. I have a lot of corals that have done that over the past year in my tank.

Nice piece.

Thanks!

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say this thing is growing like a weed for me. Granted Adam sent me a very generous "portion" but mine is totally fraggable after a few months. Adam, would you consider this a fast grower? Mine seems to be growing long very thin branches.

I initially broke my original frag into 3 pieces so I just planted them all together. Has not been really long, maybe a few months. Color is getting better too, and lots of new nubs.

Here is a quick phone pic from a couple of weeks ago. I'll try to get a proper pic soon.

Seth401

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Spainbow has been the second fastest grower in my tank behind PC Rainbow. Seemed to almost be growing in the bag Adam shipped it in. Think I got it in October. Adam cut a nice frag but it has grown a lot(up and encrusting fast).
FullSizeRender.jpg

Chriscrna

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got one of these. Still playing with the placement.

How much light are you guys are giving them?

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is medium, in the bottom third of my tank. It doesn't look to be a light monster but I could be wrong.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 64 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back