Rainford/Court Jester Goby

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I could be thinking of the wrong Fish, but if not, Rainfords don’t tend to last long in captivity (per the internet).

I think with the difference in body type they would probably leave each other alone aggression wise (again per the internet)

OP
OP
PeterEde

PeterEde

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could be thinking of the wrong Fish, but if not, Rainfords don’t tend to last long in captivity (per the internet).

I think with the difference in body type they would probably leave each other alone aggression wise (again per the internet)
Difference between captive bred or wild caught. I'll check with LFS

bvanfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking for captive bread rainford gobies. I’ve heard wild don’t last long at all. Captive can like 7-10 years I heard.
Love these little fish. Wish I could find them captive and local haha

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But will the larger sleeper goby take issue with it?
I don’t think so. Mine is more of a lower tank then sandbed fish and it got on fine with both a diamond, orange spot, and fire goby

8CA0621D-A0F8-4325-88C0-264935B5430B.jpeg 3CA9F6B8-08E5-43F8-8892-41B8697A5BE6.jpeg

damsels are not mean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But will the larger sleeper goby take issue with it?
Impossible to predict. Fish have personalities first of all, so nothing is 100%. But we also know nothing about the habitat you have built for them, so it's impossible to even guess. How big is the tank? What does it look like? What sort of territory might they compete for? Is there enough habitat to support the behavior of both fish? Are there other fish? Other bottom feeders? Other herbivores? Is there enough life in the sandbed to keep either alive? (they do both sift sand for food)

Eric R.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking for captive bread rainford gobies. I’ve heard wild don’t last long at all. Captive can like 7-10 years I heard.
Love these little fish. Wish I could find them captive and local haha
Ask your LFS if they can order from Biota, I think they sell CB ones.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS has a number of these fish and I would like to add one.
Will a sleeper goby tolerate the smaller Rainford or am I best not to waste money and possibly a fish?
I wouldn’t knowing you have a Valenciennea species. These guys can wipe out sandbeds of micro fauna which would leave a Rainfordi without food as they get the majority of their nutrients from the same place as Valenciennea species.

How big is the tank you have?
How old it is?
How deep is your sandbed?

OP
OP
PeterEde

PeterEde

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t knowing you have a Valenciennea species. These guys can wipe out sandbeds of micro fauna which would leave a Rainfordi without food as they get the majority of their nutrients from the same place as Valenciennea species.

How big is the tank you have?
How old it is?
How deep is your sandbed?
12 months
120 liter
1 in deep sand

Changed mind for coral goby

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 51 25.1%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 51 25.1%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 48 23.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 49 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back