Raising the PH

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

marine2463

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I’m having a PH problem I want to run a line outside for fresh air to the skimmer, but I’m scared because they are always spraying stuff down here for mosquitoes... I remember reading an article in here that said a “carbon block” would filter in coming air.
I can’t find it [emoji17]
If somebody could direct me to it ,or explain how you would set this up please let me know I really need to do this ASAP
And what exactly do they mean by carbon block ?
TIA

OP
OP
marine2463

marine2463

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Zack@BRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Essentially a canister filter with carbon should filter our a lot of air-borne impurities. I'm afraid I can't speak authoritatively on how effective these would be against sprayed pesticides. The granular activated carbon will likely allow more free air-flow, but a carbon block would probably be more effective (not 100% sure on this). Wish I could be a little more helpful on this, but air purification tech is a little outside of my expertise.

If you are looking for an in-line filtration option for your skimmer air line, we do offer these:

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/universal-air-filter.html
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/brs-universal-co2-scrubber.html

Rookie_reefer_420

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
I had a low ph issue and ran an air line outside. What I did was put a single brs media reactor with the co2 media for the filter and an added benefit of lowering outside air/co2 even lower. The media lasts about a month also so it’s not crazy expensive to use. I like that it catches dirt/debris and acts as a filter in that way.

OP
OP
marine2463

marine2463

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
I had a low ph issue and ran an air line outside. What I did was put a single brs media reactor with the co2 media for the filter and an added benefit of lowering outside air/co2 even lower. The media lasts about a month also so it’s not crazy expensive to use. I like that it catches dirt/debris and acts as a filter in that way.

I made this as my skimmer wasn’t getting enough air with the outside line and carbon block I even tried with an air pump still wast getting enough air for the skimmer so I’m just running the line into the sump with an air stone
The carbon block I’m using is one for water going into the refrigerator
0da525afe236e3b834454ee3ea4db901.jpg

Rookie_reefer_420

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made this as my skimmer wasn’t getting enough air with the outside line and carbon block I even tried with an air pump still wast getting enough air for the skimmer so I’m just running the line into the sump with an air stone
The carbon block I’m using is one for water going into the refrigerator
0da525afe236e3b834454ee3ea4db901.jpg
Did you hook the line right into the skimmer intake bypassing the silencer? Just a thought but it seems you know what’s going on. But I like the idea and glad it’s working for you!!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 78 76.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back