Random coral?

  • Thread starter Thread starter D'sreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

D'sreef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 10, 2025
Messages
937
Reaction score
2,927
Location
Parrish, AL
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6af6ac01-bfa0-4083-8a83-dc448f034fe9.jpg

So these has popped up on a piece of live rock I got months ago from someone on FB marketplace. At first thought feather dusters or another tube worm, but now I am seeing branching. Anyone with any clue?
 
I believe they are hydroids but someone may have a better ID. I manually removed them with tweezers from my tank as they spread and bothered corals if memory serves. By the way, they may have a strong unpleasant odor when removed from the water.
 
I believe they are hydroids but someone may have a better ID. I manually removed them with tweezers from my tank as they spread and bothered corals if memory serves. By the way, they may have a strong unpleasant odor when removed from the water.
I don't believe that's the case as these have a skeleton structure, and is encrusting.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new