Random pink small sheets/blobs showing up?

Amber.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are these little pink blobs that are appearing? They move in the flow if it hits them just right. They are hard to describe - kind of like a pink blob that was smushed into a pancake. I do apologize about the picture quality - I need to get a better phone.

Thank you!

IMG_5044.jpeg
IMG_5043.jpeg

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
do they seem to move at all in regards to location on the rock, instead of moved due to flow?

could potentially be flatworms?

OP
OP
Amber.

Amber.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do they seem to move at all in regards to location on the rock, instead of moved due to flow?

could potentially be flatworms?
You know what? I didn’t pay attention. Just checked - THEY MOVE! That video I took? Nope. Not like that anymore! All moved and gone! What are these things???

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like flatworms. No bueno if so. Probably planaria.

OP
OP
Amber.

Amber.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like flatworms. No bueno if so. Probably planaria.
I thought I had enough planarian to deal with in freshwater aquariums. Thank you thank you. Anything to watch for? It’s primarily a softie tank.. besides a birds nest and Duncan… I have not noticed these things on any corals. They tend to stay to the algae patches and green coralline I have growing I’ve noticed.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I'm not well versed on the risks of flatworms with soft coral. If they aren't currently bothering anything, I'd start siphoning them out and consider a wrasse of some sort. Flatworm exit would also be an option, preferably before they get to plague type numbers.

OP
OP
Amber.

Amber.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I'm not well versed on the risks of flatworms with soft coral. If they aren't currently bothering anything, I'd start siphoning them out and consider a wrasse of some sort. Flatworm exit would also be an option, preferably before they get to plague type numbers.
Thank you.
I ended up catching something on the front glass right now and here is a short video! I don’t know if this is the same as those - but I’ve never seen this thing before.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I thought I had enough planarian to deal with in freshwater aquariums. Thank you thank you. Anything to watch for? It’s primarily a softie tank.. besides a birds nest and Duncan… I have not noticed these things on any corals. They tend to stay to the algae patches and green coralline I have growing I’ve noticed.
there are many kinds of flat worms, but as you have a softie tank, i am unsure of what kind they could be..

since they move i definitely do believe it to be flatworms. are there any amongst the glass/sand?

edit: just saw your recent video. 100% flatworm. red planaria

OP
OP
Amber.

Amber.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there are many kinds of flat worms, but as you have a softie tank, i am unsure of what kind they could be..

since they move i definitely do believe it to be flatworms. are there any amongst the glass/sand?

edit: just saw your recent video. 100% flatworm. red planaria
Thank you thank you again for your time! Happy to have an answer to this phenomena!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back