Rap New York

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last year was my first time going. I went on the last day (Sunday). Best time to go IMO as a lot of vendors put on a fire sale and there are a lot of deals to be had on frags as everyone prepares to close up shop for the end of the show.

Met @revhtree and the wife too at the R2R booth and they were super nice. Had a bunch of freebies and held a really cool raffle too!

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great show, this one ...

Lots of fun.

Lots to buy.

Lots to learn.

Meeting celebrities like @revhtree, Robert from Marine Depot, and Julian Sprung doesn't stink.

Staying as late as possible is both good and bad ... The good? Vendors who don't want to bring things home are ready to make deals. The bad? You're going to have a _lot_ of stuff to acclimate whenever you finally drag yourself into the house!

~Bruce

njtiger aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't make it last year but did make it the first year they held it in NY (really NJ). I had to break my tank down for person reason but thinking maybe I might swing by anyway.

Payson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When and where is it held? I live in maine so it seems like these shows are always out of reach but newyork could very well be do-able for me!

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's all relative but there are definitely deals to be made. That's why late Sunday is a great time... though selections may be picked over, you could score pretty deep discounts on the last day as vendors close up shop.

njtiger aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question. Are the corals cheaper at these swaps?

As stated it could depends on the vendor are coral. I know when I went to RAP I been on the hunt for a fire shrimp but everyone around me wanted $45 for one. I got one from RAP for $25. I didn't pick up any corals so I'm not sure about those.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Screenshot_2017-06-16-18-41-39.png
Ill have my captive bred berghia-aiptasia eating nudibranchs all sizes, your pick! 10$ each dnov's booth #509 if anyone wants them! Enjoy!

Back