RBTA Explosion

  • Thread starter Thread starter ubiq
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ubiq

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 11, 2019
Messages
152
Reaction score
52
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two weeks ago I had two large RBTA's, then one of my light power supplies failed. Today, when I turned on the light back on, I have ten good sized anemones covering most of the prime real estate on my rocks. What happened? It took me over a year to be able to sustain any nems. Now there's a plague of abundance. I'm gonna have to detach some and give them away, but I don't want to hurt them in doing so.
 
Two weeks ago I had two large RBTA's, then one of my light power supplies failed. Today, when I turned on the light back on, I have ten good sized anemones covering most of the prime real estate on my rocks. What happened? It took me over a year to be able to sustain any nems. Now there's a plague of abundance. I'm gonna have to detach some and give them away, but I don't want to hurt them in doing so.
You changed something to where they felt the need to split to enhance their chance of survival.

As for removing them check out my sticky for safely removing nems. May take a few days, but sometimes only a few hours. But always works with BTA.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/safe-and-easy-diy-way-to-remove-nems.861213/
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new