RBTA Explosion

ubiq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two weeks ago I had two large RBTA's, then one of my light power supplies failed. Today, when I turned on the light back on, I have ten good sized anemones covering most of the prime real estate on my rocks. What happened? It took me over a year to be able to sustain any nems. Now there's a plague of abundance. I'm gonna have to detach some and give them away, but I don't want to hurt them in doing so.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two weeks ago I had two large RBTA's, then one of my light power supplies failed. Today, when I turned on the light back on, I have ten good sized anemones covering most of the prime real estate on my rocks. What happened? It took me over a year to be able to sustain any nems. Now there's a plague of abundance. I'm gonna have to detach some and give them away, but I don't want to hurt them in doing so.
You changed something to where they felt the need to split to enhance their chance of survival.

As for removing them check out my sticky for safely removing nems. May take a few days, but sometimes only a few hours. But always works with BTA.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back