RBTA in a 30 Gallon Reef?

teenfishkeeper808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! What are your thoughts about a RBTA in a 30 gallon reef? Like is it going to get too big and spit too much that its going to take over or can it be controlled? Has anyone tried it out? What is a good host for ocellaris other than BTA? Thanks!

RedReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had a RBTA in a 30 gal. No issues once the foot settles some where. When it spilt I would trade the clones asap. I think you'll be fine. Add the RBTA first, then wait to add the other coral so you can see where the RBTA settles...

OP
OP
T

teenfishkeeper808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a RBTA in a 30 gal. No issues once the foot settles some where. When it spilt I would trade the clones asap. I think you'll be fine. Add the RBTA first, then wait to add the other coral so you can see where the RBTA settles...
Coral is already in the tank. I saw somewhere that you can stick them in PVC or rubberband them and it keeps them from moving, but I feel like that could be dangerous....

drewwCh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! What are your thoughts about a RBTA in a 30 gallon reef? Like is it going to get too big and spit too much that its going to take over or can it be controlled? Has anyone tried it out? What is a good host for ocellaris other than BTA? Thanks!
I have an RBTA in a 30 gallon. If it gets too big you can cut it in half or if it splits you can always sell it to your LFS or other reefers. Ocellaris clownfish's natural host are H.magnifica and Carpet anemones if I'm.not mistaken, both of which get too big for a 30 gallon

Samsquanch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I've never had a RBTA in a 30 but I've definitely seen them in nanos before. Like Redreefer said just take out any clones and you can get a good trade-in at your LFS. It's not like xenia or GSP its not going to over run your aquarium

Rincon_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just posted a build I did of a nem in a 6 gallon. It's been a few weeks and it is doing great. I kinda set the tank up around it.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 115 35.2%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back