RBTA on top of ZOA?

gavinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello again all,

My new RBTA had decided that it wants to sit right on top of some of my zoas. Was wondering what I should do as I know not to move it especially it being new to the tank. I’ve placed more flow on it in hopes to get it to move but to no avail so far. Should I pull the trigger and manually move it or wait to see if it moves and hope my zoas don’t die?

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello again all,

My new RBTA had decided that it wants to sit right on top of some of my zoas. Was wondering what I should do as I know not to move it especially it being new to the tank. I’ve placed more flow on it in hopes to get it to move but to no avail so far. Should I pull the trigger and manually move it or wait to see if it moves and hope my zoas don’t die?
If you had added a little bit of flow at it, Give that some time to work. It's not like you're on a countdown and it's going to eviscerate any coral around it right away. In my experience bubble tips just don't do that..

I have Many that live happily touching many other types of corals including Zoas.
PXL_20220220_033538852.jpg

OP
OP
G

gavinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you had added a little bit of flow at it, Give that some time to work. It's not like you're on a countdown and it's going to eviscerate any coral around it right away. In my experience bubble tips just don't do that..

I have Many that live happily touching many other types of corals including Zoas.
PXL_20220220_033538852.jpg
So mine is completely on top of them lol, like the foot is completely covering them

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoas will move out the way best they can , anemones and zoas get along and they won’t fight each other , zoas are technically colonial anemones. I have 3 BTA currently living with zoas Usually the zoas/ anemone will maneuver in such a way as the zoas can creep out or if all the zoas attached will live fine without light due to being attached to the colony

Attachments

• A135FFA0-31D9-4CC9-A8F3-B38AA3DB295F.jpeg
    A135FFA0-31D9-4CC9-A8F3-B38AA3DB295F.jpeg
    246.6 KB · Views: 59
OP
OP
G

gavinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoas will move out the way best they can , anemones and zoas get along and they won’t fight each other , zoas are technically colonial anemones. I have 3 BTA currently living with zoas Usually the zoas/ anemone will maneuver in such a way as the zoas can creep out or if all the zoas attached will live fine without light due to being attached to the colony
So they’ll be fine with the RBTA smothering them? Cause there are about 8-9 polyps I’d guess that the foot of the RBTA is on top of completely

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So they’ll be fine with the RBTA smothering them? Cause there are about 8-9 polyps I’d guess that the foot of the RBTA is on top of completely
If they are more polyps outside the foot yes , the zoas will share nutrients if not then no, nothing to share with

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back