Re-leveled a 180g tank without draining it

  • Thread starter Thread starter 125mph
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

125mph

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 16, 2016
Messages
868
Reaction score
303
Location
San Diego
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new reef savvy tank, unfortunately was not level. The level left to right look good but the front to back was off by 1/4” over only 2 feet.

This thing is a beast and I avoided re-leveling it.

Today, i found a post about airshims and was able to level the tank myself and I only drained approximately 45 gallons of water. No rocks or sand were removed.

I used these air shims and worked like a charm.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Calcula...-Tool-that-Holds-Up-To-300-lbs-1190/206697086
IMG_7400.jpeg



Before and after pics.
IMG_7398.jpeg


After:

IMG_7403.jpeg


IMG_7405.jpeg
 
Glad they worked. I've never seen them. That said at $18 each times four I would have drained more water and pounded wood shims under the stand. Its what I did to my 180.

These look brand new after being used 45 mins, so they will be returned today :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new