Reading PAR with apogee

HeyLookItsCaps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do y’all turn off your systems flow when doing par measurements? I rented a unit for the weekend and I want to make a map of the par in my tank…. Also any other pointers would be great

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, I turn off all flow for an accurate (stable) measurement. If flow is on, the numbers are all over the place. Although I have a tremendous amount of surface movement with gyres. I do take into consideration both flow and no-flow values though.

OP
OP
HeyLookItsCaps

HeyLookItsCaps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I turn off all flow for an accurate (stable) measurement. If flow is on, the numbers are all over the place. Although I have a tremendous amount of surface movement with gyres. I do take into consideration both flow and no-flow values though.
Same here, that was my main concern, I have opposing gyres at the top 1/3 for sps, and was wondering how much that would screw me up. Maybe do both like you’re saying is the best call

Thor2j

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had different par meters and gyres for many years. Difference between flow on and off is minimal.

DrMMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd leave the return pump on as the water volume will drop if you turn it off, which will affect the par reading.

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Some lights it won't matter if pumps are on or not. Kessils are aust to turn off as the PAR readings jump all over the place. I would take them with pumps off, makes it much easier.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back