Ready to give up :(

kynan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t know if has been mentioned but if you are running over year old titanium heaters, change them. Look for other sources of stray metals in all pumps and magnet cleaners. One small crack is all it takes.

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad the lighting helped, but if the corals were doing great for months beforehand, how do we know this is the issue for sure? Unless they were on a slow decline from the beginning

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Let me preface this by saying i’m not trying to be a downer. i’m just so incredibly frustrated.

We have a redsea 250 packed with euphyllia (mainly, some other Lps as well). I’m going to try to give everyone as much information on this tank as literal possible because i cannot find the definite reason why everything is so unhappy. we are getting an ICP as well, but for now:

filtration:
-has a refugium running reverse schedule with cheato. sand, live rock and marine pure “gems” are in there
-bubble magus curve 3 pulling a thick skim
-aquaforest carbon in a media cup
-a single bag of purigen

equipment:
-apex pro and trident
-2x ai primes running the saxby schedule (i will post a screenshot of the settings at peak)
-nero 5 in the bottom right, 5” above sand bed running 75% 1:1 pulse. runs behind the scape and bounces off the left pane giving indirect gentle flow to the euphyllia.

we are struggling with flow. bought a maxspect gyre. too much even on the lowest setting indirect. I have it vertical right now on 10% 4:4 alternating gyre hitting behind the scape like the nero and giving me a bit more surface agitation. we also have the VCA loc line upgrade kit that is giving me 90% of my surface agitation. bought a aqamai kps to replace the gyre and hopefully get a nice wave. hopefully.

everything is so ticked off. please help me determine why.

aside from parameters pictured, nitrate is 13 and phosphate is 0, but i have since dosed neophos and plan to do so until i’m at 0.04

00B4B825-08D9-4C40-9B86-8B6725EDAADD.jpeg D3DCA290-57CE-44CA-BAF7-B73617F6690A.png 6239FB09-5FA6-44AE-B783-FCA283DF7EE9.png 87896810-93B5-4FD2-A645-414D148C2AE8.jpeg
Assure you are Not getting false readings from Salinity probe for salt which often happens.

OP
OP
lucyretz

lucyretz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad the lighting helped, but if the corals were doing great for months beforehand, how do we know this is the issue for sure? Unless they were on a slow decline from the beginning
slow decline with loss of colours, no growth. then they just kind of withered away.

Back