Received a Damaged Aquarium

Indiana Jones

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a brand new Red Sea E-170 aquarium from BRS. The shipper dropped the pallet off in my driveway, and then left. I did not sign any papers. After unboxing the tank, I noticed damage in the corner. I contacted the shipper immediately and let them know. They asked if I noted it in the bill. "What bill I asked? I did not sign any papers. The driver dropped it off and left". So they told me to contact the supplier. I contacted BRS and they have been helpful with getting me into contact with Red Sea. Here is a picture of the damage, and YouTube link of the unboxing. Has anyone had similar experiences?

Unboxing link:

1650483642014.png

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry that you are dealing with this. Stuff happens sometimes and it sucks. As long as RedSea takes care of it I would shrug it off as a bad shipper experience and not apply any frustration towards RedSea or BRS.

TheBear78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over in the UK I had a similar experience if not actual damage.
The delivery driver was adamant that he would leave my 425 XL at the kerbside even though his motorised pallet truck easily took the pallet all of 20m up my concrete drive. He had zero interest hanging around and certainly didn't bother letting me make any kind of inspection. I guess it takes a fair while to unscrew all the packaging but considering the value and fragility of the tank I was less than impressed.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My driver was fantastic and super personable. I guess a lot of anyone's experience will rely on your driver.

OP
OP
I

Indiana Jones

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all of the input. Right now I am just waiting on the reply from Red Sea. I will let you all know how it goes.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Shippers dont care

glency

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I contacted redsea for a tank purchased at BRS in late January. The corners were chipped on the bottom. I didn’t notice till after the freight driver left. Redsea sent a replacement immediately. Take lots of pictures. They’ll prob ask for pics of the serial number sticker ripped up. Obviously don’t do this till they instruct you to

OP
OP
I

Indiana Jones

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your situation seems similar to mine glency. The tank was the first thing I unboxed and noticed the damage. I left the tank stand and all accessories boxed in case they wanted it returned. Do you think it’s ok for me to assemble the stand?

reef_dee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Indiana Jones going thru a similar situation. Did you have to ship everything back or did Red Sea just replace the tank?

Trying to figure out if it’s ok to build the stand.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back