Recommendations for RO/DI

SteveySingle

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 24, 2013
Messages
343
Reaction score
46
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, guys. I'm looking to pull the trigger so that I can mix my own water at home.

I have been considering AquaFX, BRS, and Air Water Ice - anyone have any personal recommendations or opinions on any of these? All the same?

Just want to hear what ya think!
 
http://spectrapure.com/Refurbished-90-GPD-RODI-System

Much better. Don't let the "refurbished" title fool you, it is not a used system. It contains all new filters, membrane and resin but a housing or bracket may have a scuff or scratch on ot so can't be sold as new.
The advantages are you get a specially treated and batch tested high rejection rate RO membrane, 1 micron near absolute sediment and carbon block filters, a full size 20 oz vertical refillable DI filter with fresh reef speific customm blended DI resin, a capillary tube flow restrictor you the end user can adjust to fit your exact water conditions and an inline pressure gauge. You won't find all of those with any of the others and Spectrapure has been doing RO/DI for over 25 years in the same US city and has supported reef forums and the hobby for decades.
 
I have always heard great things about the BRS units.
 
BRS is about average. Better than ebay systems but not the same as say Buckeye Hydro of Spectrapure. Their sediment filters are too coarse, membranes are dry and untreated or tested and DI is normal mixed bed bulk resin which does not last as long. Good vendor for chemicals and supplements but average for RO supplies.
 
BRS is about average. Better than ebay systems but not the same as say Buckeye Hydro of Spectrapure. Their sediment filters are too coarse, membranes are dry and untreated or tested and DI is normal mixed bed bulk resin which does not last as long. Good vendor for chemicals and supplements but average for RO supplies.
Good to know! thanks for the info!
 
+1 on Spectrapure..... I purchased the refurbished unit in late November, came in looking brand new! Has been running since and has not skipped a beat. O TDS all day long.
 
I have used a brs ro/di and it does it's intended purpose. Last year I switched to spectrapure ro/di unit with filters from same company and noticed a big difference with water output, filters last longer (I change every 6-7 months regardless) and the di/silica canisters last longer than the brs ones. I highly recommend spectrapure system :-)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new