Recommended ICP Lab

calanprc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I’d like to get my reef tank water analyzed with an ICP test. Can someone recommend and affordable, reliable lab to perform this test?

thank you Reefers!!

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
have only used ATI. has been consistent with my home testing (for the most part). for ATI, i make sure to send out my samples early Thursday. I live on the east coast so it gets shipped out to the west coast, and then to Germany to the ATI facility. as the poster above, it takes about 7-9 days for results to be given.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATI or Oceamo.

Saying that, I've only used ATI as Oceamo is out of my price range for their upgraded (ICP-MS) test option.

Some of the other vendors seem to put out questionable results more often than the two outfits I noted above.

The next time I do ICP testing, it will be with ATI again.

OP
OP
calanprc

calanprc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATI or Oceamo.

Saying that, I've only used ATI as Oceamo is out of my price range for their upgraded (ICP-MS) test option.

Some of the other vendors seem to put out questionable results more often than the two outfits I noted above.

The next time I do ICP testing, it will be with ATI again.
Thank You

OP
OP
calanprc

calanprc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have only used ATI. has been consistent with my home testing (for the most part). for ATI, i make sure to send out my samples early Thursday. I live on the east coast so it gets shipped out to the west coast, and then to Germany to the ATI facility. as the poster above, it takes about 7-9 days for results to be given.
Thank You

Tidywork

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never use Triton ICP in the Uk !!

just a word of caution. Do not use triton icp.
It’s a waste of money and dangerous !! They mix up samples, they do not have safety procedures !
I got someone else’s results at one point and will never ever use triton icp again.
this was not confirmed by them because they simply don’t care and haven’t responded to my emails. There’s no contact number to them. All you get is hello@triton.. where they simply ignore you.
Avoid and use other companies for icp !

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATI or Fauna Marin for me. I do not like Triton. Here is a very in-depth analysis of the different options.

we (@Rick Mathew , @Dan_P and I) didn't really rank vendors in the article, in part because the differences we saw between FM, ATI and Triton in the data sets we looked at were small enough it could have been random noise.
The lower quality results from ICP-Analysis were different enough (very roughly speaking - twice the variation of others) that it was clear that their results should be less trusted.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only done one ICP test and that was way back in Nov. 2020, with ATI.

Decided it's been long enough and ordered another ATI kit last week. It's supposed to be delivered today.
I'll be sending it in next week.

Does ATI still send their batches of samples to Germany on Tuesdays and Fridays? or has that changed?

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we (@Rick Mathew , @Dan_P and I) didn't really rank vendors in the article, in part because the differences we saw between FM, ATI and Triton in the data sets we looked at were small enough it could have been random noise.
The lower quality results from ICP-Analysis were different enough (very roughly speaking - twice the variation of others) that it was clear that their results should be less trusted.

I wonder how their Mass Spec testing compares. they have them on sale and $30 per kit seems like a good deal if the data is any good.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Does ATI still send their batches of samples to Germany on Tuesdays and Fridays? or has that changed?
i kept the same schedule or shipping it out on a thursday so it can get to CA by monday. i guess monday they ship out to germany

wmb0003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i kept the same schedule or shipping it out on a thursday so it can get to CA by monday. i guess monday they ship out to germany
I sent my last one from Alabama on Wednesday , made it to CA by Friday and I got my results on Tuesday. Great turnaround!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 131 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back