OP
OP
S

Stingray122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys another quick question. The midnight appears to be losing his color. His black is fading into a more golden brownish color. Is that normal? Is he changing sex? They appear to be happy, they are pretty active, eating well, and don't tend to hangout in one place. The Mocha seems brighter than ever, kind of odd. They both arent gasping at the surface, so I don't believe its an oxygen problem. Any thoughts?

OP
OP
S

Stingray122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been dark here lately, my house doesn't have the brightest lighting and its winter. Possibly just fading due to melanin? I dont know its odd. I did a waterchange just incase.

OP
OP
S

Stingray122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20180226_170730.jpg

OP
OP
S

Stingray122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He also has that discoloration near all of his white spots. This is why im thinking it is a color change and not an enviroment issue. But I could be wrong. Near his tail is also very discolored. Again its turning from black to orangeish-brown-golden. Odd.

OP
OP
S

Stingray122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Bacterial infection seems to be gone, the bump is gone along with the red patch. Still having stringy poop after feeding metro soaked pellets for awhile now, close to 2 weeks. Could it be stress related? Ive noticed it mostly on the mocha, not the midnight. Would it be better to switch them to the display on Friday when my observation period ends or keep them in QT until the white poop goes away? I know you can add metro soaked food to the reef tank and I could run carbon in a reactor as well. Does the metro soaked food need to be mixed daily? I just made a large amount and kept it in a tub. Let me know your thoughts, thank you very much for all the help. Surprised anything pathological could have survived the furan-2, kana, and metro combo for so long.

OP
OP
S

Stingray122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS also quarantines all their fish so I just find it surprising. Doubting if its intestinal worms or parasites but am considering the possibility. They both eat a lot, I feed them twice a day, maybe 3-5 pellets eaten by each.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Stingray122 If you are still seeing white stringy poop, that means your fish still have intestinal worms. You can add a little Epsom salt to the metro/focus food mix to help push any dead worms out.

OP
OP
S

Stingray122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mixed up a new batch of metro/focus/epsom salt food. Seemed to help force something out, the poop was definately brownish this time. It was a lot shorter as well, not the typical strings ive seen. Ill keep on at it then, just costing a lot of saltwater, been doing a 25% water change every 2 days, and alternating between a 50% and 25% each time. Theyre in a 10 gallon. Is it overkill? My badge never reads anything so im fearful it isnt working. Being new I do not really know how fast ammonia builds up in the tank. Also, my mocha has some scratches on his head, easy to see on the white strips. Ive seen the Midnight battling him (happens when im doing water changes or when the mocha steals some food from that he was going after), probably just fighting for dominance still huh. Should I keep doing metro/kana in the water? I don't want him getting another infection. Smart idea or give them a chance off the meds? Are fish immune systems pretty decent? Shouldn't he be slightly resistant to the strain that infected him now? I'm a medical lab tech, so I understand how us humans work, but no idea how fish work.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 47 40.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back