Red Planet or Christmas Mirabilis

  • Thread starter Thread starter DLuce510
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DLuce510

A.D.I.D.A.A.
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2015
Messages
521
Reaction score
297
Location
Antioch, Ca.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suspect this to be a Christmas Mirabillis, but not sold, due to the vibrance of the green base, the slower growth rate, and the lack of a protruding branch structure. It seems to have a tight polyp structure like it wants to table. Very open minded to many options. I apologize for the crappie picure quality. Thanks!
20160628_092931.jpg

20160628_091729.jpg
 
Last edited:
I'd lean towards RP - as you noted appears to be wanting to table plus the green hues on the encrusting growth.
 
Thanks for the replies! The problem is they both have a green base and I wouldn't say the RP is as much a table as it is a protrusion. I know this because I have a red planet.
20160703_084919.jpg

RP is a very fast grower and the first frag I posted is not. And the tabling is way different and the polyps are very compact.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new