Red Sea’s all-new ReefLED™ smart reef lighting!

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to get these until I learned the only only way to mount these is the brackets sold by Red Sea. No adapters for hanging from the ceiling or mounting on an overhead bar. No mounting holes for custom DIY projects....

Really disappointing. Hard pass.

kyley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to get these until I learned the only only way to mount these is the brackets sold by Red Sea. No adapters for hanging from the ceiling or mounting on an overhead bar. No mounting holes for custom DIY projects....

Really disappointing. Hard pass.

Same sentiment from me. And it also sounds like the controllability is lacking. I ended up getting the Noopsyche lights and really like them (and saved a lot of money).
--Kyle

uhupong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think what sold me on this light is if any component fails you can fix it yourself very serviceable. I read a lot of reviews on AI where they say too bad buy another light.
What is AI that you see reviews?

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's exactly what I thought. I told them that was kind of a deal breaker for me - and probably a lot of other people who may have fixture mounts already on their walls (or tanks).

On a related note, my LFS told me that Red Sea demoed them to him. He's really into lighting and wasn't impressed. His issue was that ALL the blues/purples are on a single channel (not individually controllable) and the whites separate. Which sounds about like the black boxes and such. He said for a bit more you can get the Radion XR15 and have full control.

At any rate, I'm starting to consider those Noopsyche lights or maye Reef Breeders Photon 48 v2+. But I don't feel like there's enough good info on the Noopsyche lights yet and I'd prefer to go with something more proven... Cheers,
--Kyle

I consider that less like a black box, and more like an imitation of "Kessil Logic" where your blue and violet spectrums are always optimized/maxed out and the brightness/color control is just varying the degree of white/red/green in the mix. An attempt to prevent you from lowering necessary photosynthetic pigment ratios too much. Which I can understand the marketing behind...but in todays "blue revolution" nobody is at any risk of underproviding blue and violet spectrum. If anything people are overdoing it. Most mid day tanks are bluer and dimmer than a dawn dusk appearance from 10 years ago.

DenverSaltyFarm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is AI that you see reviews?

Very simple search just type in hydra 26 led and the reviews are all over the place how AI will not honor their warranty.
Red Sea already has videos how to change components in their lights if needed or if they come out with upgraded components you don’t have to send the light in. A big plus

uhupong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tada
711245ca96baa784835b7e4cb718828f.jpg

undermind

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up my ReefLEDs today. Here’s a pic with just one of them to show how much spread they have. Thought it was interesting. This is on a reefer 350, it’s a 47” tank.

D7625364-8377-485B-A03E-D73ACBD3A2B7.jpeg

What do you think of the color? What lights are you replacing?

Would love to see some shots with an orange filter

LovesDogs_CatsRokay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you think of the color? What lights are you replacing?

Would love to see some shots with an orange filter
The color is really nice. I replaced kessil 360s and these are more violet than the kessils. I think it adds more contrast and vividness. The kessils seemed washed out. They also don’t have as much shadowing as the kessils. I don’t know how to do a photo with orange filter or I would.

Ross Petersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I understand correctly, these lights are limited in the ability to change the viewable color spectrum? I like the prospect of changing the color shading outside of blue colors... can I get some yellows and reds in the tank with this new light? Thanks

Ross Petersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I understand correctly, these lights are limited in the ability to change the viewable color spectrum? I like the prospect of changing the color shading outside of blue colors... can I get some yellows and reds in the tank with this new light? Thanks

LovesDogs_CatsRokay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s correct. You can only set the percentage of blue and white with these lights.

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone who owns these take a picture of the multichip while its turned on 50/50 to see what all the different shades are in it?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back