Red Sea max E260

Motion410

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200906_201011.jpg

I finally broke down and bout my first tank that was over 10 gallons. Im still pretty new to the hobby. I just got it set up with the under the cabinet sump upgrade also by red sea and started cycling it about 5 days ago with the lights turned off.

The rock I went with was carib sea life rock. I like that its esthetically pleasing from the start. I found that you can make most shapes and arches with a little bit of gel super glue and the accelerator, to help it dry for a lot cheaper than buying 20 pounds of random shapes for 100 dollars. I was pretty happy with the results. I have just enough space to get a magnetic scraper/cleaner between the 2 tightest spots.

For the sand I went with special grade because I read that with certain flow demands it stays put a little better than the finer sand options.

The return pump is a reef octopus varios 4 which is a dc pump. I like that it has 5 flow options and a float valve so the pump won't run dry and burn up. Im using the the 2 red sea 570 gph pumps provided for the circulation pumps. I believe they're sicce pumps.

The lights also came with the tank. They are the red sea reef LED 90s. Haven't measured anything personally with a par meter but from everyone else's findings should do pretty good. As some have mentioned in review of this tank there were some connectivity issues with the wifi system and app. I've gotten them pretty much ironed out. Only time will tell.

I also have a brs GFO/carbon reactor that I've just put in. I aslo have a reef octopus essence 130 protein skimmer that will be used with this tank.

I think the most tedious part of setting the whole thing up was adjusting the Gate valve going to the sump. The smallest adjustments worked out the best. And patience, which im still learning. Can't wait to add some livestock after the cycle.

Thanks for looking!

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The E260 was my first tank although I didn’t have the sump, and there very nice and I like the aquascape design

Welcome to R2R as well!

OP
OP
Motion410

Motion410

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200906_201011.jpg

I finally broke down and bout my first tank that was over 10 gallons. Im still pretty new to the hobby. I just got it set up with the under the cabinet sump upgrade also by red sea and started cycling it about 5 days ago with the lights turned off.

The rock I went with was carib sea life rock. I like that its esthetically pleasing from the start. I found that you can make most shapes and arches with a little bit of gel super glue and the accelerator, to help it dry for a lot cheaper than buying 20 pounds of random shapes for 100 dollars. I was pretty happy with the results. I have just enough space to get a magnetic scraper/cleaner between the 2 tightest spots.

For the sand I went with special grade because I read that with certain flow demands it stays put a little better than the finer sand options.

The return pump is a reef octopus varios 4 which is a dc pump. I like that it has 5 flow options and a float valve so the pump won't run dry and burn up. Im using the the 2 red sea 570 gph pumps provided for the circulation pumps. I believe they're sicce pumps.

The lights also came with the tank. They are the red sea reef LED 90s. Haven't measured anything personally with a par meter but from everyone else's findings should do pretty good. As some have mentioned in review of this tank there were some connectivity issues with the wifi system and app. I've gotten them pretty much ironed out. Only time will tell.

I also have a brs GFO/carbon reactor that I've just put in. I aslo have a reef octopus essence 130 protein skimmer that will be used with this tank.

I think the most tedious part of setting the whole thing up was adjusting the Gate valve going to the sump. The smallest adjustments worked out the best. And patience, which im still learning. Can't wait to add some livestock after the cycle.

Thanks for looking!
I have a few new upgrades since I last checked in. Im currently using a neptune apex fusion, a DOS and a neptune trident. So far so good. My numbers are a little off of my red sea test results in regards to PH, SALINITY, AND TEMP.

The trident has been spot on when compared with the red sea tests.

Also removed the float top off and im not using a TUNZE 3155

I eventually got the reef octopus essence 130 dialed in and working correctly. It took some time to settle down.

I also put a carbon/ gfo reactor from BRS in the sump. I didn't have a crazy amount of room so I'm using a single reactor with carbon and GFO in the same reactor.

I have a red sea reef wave 25 on on one end of the tank.

Lastly, there are 2 ocelaris clownfish in the tank that seem very happy.

Back