Red Sea Nano Peninsula Build Help

LevLucian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to get back into the hobby after a 10 year break. I have my cart full of everything, just waiting next week for a sale. Please let me know if this looks good?

-Nano Peninsula 26 Gallon (AIO so built pump, sock, filter, skimmer, LED light)
-Agra-Alive Special Grade 40lb
-LifeRock Dry Rock 20lb
-Small bucket Coral Pro Sea Salt
-Dual 100-watt heaters with inkbird 306t
-Saltwater Master test kit
-MaxPure 4 stage RODI 90GPD
-Water change kit x2 - includes pump, heater, refractometer
-Turbostart 1oz
-Fishless Fuel 2oz
-DipX coral dip
-TDS Meter
-Razer+ scraper
-4'' fish net
-pro clean gravel washer - this is just for water changes not the sand
-Octo Pulse 2+ wave pump (is this good or would the reefwave25 be a better option?
-Lid with evap cover and feed hole

-Fish I'm hoping eventually (let me know if this is too much) - Phantom clown, Diamond Goby, (maybe something else small clown goby?) All fish would be bought online from a pre-quarantined eating frozen brine store. Each would be added slowly, thinking of starting with the clown?
-Coral - mix - will this light handle SPS at the top of the tank? Back when I did tanks LED wasn't a thing.

Total will be about $2500 for everything which I would like to keep cost at that or below.

BanZI29

Still just a reefer noob!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
-Nano Peninsula 26 Gallon (AIO so built pump, sock, filter, skimmer, LED light) Who makes it? what kind of light?
-Agra-Alive Special Grade 40lb - good
-LifeRock Dry Rock 20lb - good
-Small bucket Coral Pro Sea Salt - think about getting enough for a couple water changes, maybe 2 buckets?
-Dual 100-watt heaters with inkbird 306t - for a tank that size, unless you live in a very cold area, 1 heater should be good, the 2nd can be a backup if the first one dies on you.
-Saltwater Master test kit - API?
-MaxPure 4 stage RODI 90GPD - NICE!!
-Water change kit x2 - includes pump, heater, refractometer - good
-Turbostart 1oz - Maybe, also try Microbacter, has alot of different strains.
-Fishless Fuel 2oz - should work
-DipX coral dip - Good
-TDS Meter - Good. hopefully an inline one for your RODI
-Razer+ scraper - good
-4'' fish net - Good
-pro clean gravel washer - this is just for water changes not the sand - good
-Octo Pulse 2+ wave pump (is this good or would the reefwave25 be a better option? Not the reefwave for that size tank. Also think about what you will be doing in the future for control. will you get an Apex system? might wanna think about a pump that is compatible with that.
-Lid with evap cover and feed hole - you can get a lid or leave it open. depends on what kinda look you want

Fish I'm hoping eventually (let me know if this is too much) - Phantom clown, Diamond Goby, (maybe something else small clown goby?) All fish would be bought online from a pre-quarantined eating frozen brine store. Each would be added slowly, thinking of starting with the clown? - good mix. for a tank that size, no more then 5 I would say, also Goby's jump AND even with a lid can get out or stuck in the back. (I know from expereince ) but start with a clown pair though. if you want, get an anemone for them.

-Coral - mix - will this light handle SPS at the top of the tank? Back when I did tanks LED wasn't a thing. - if you go with SPS, you need to have a VERY GOOD light. something like a kessle or an AI Hydra or similar. If the light you are getting comes with the tank. most likely it will not be good enough for SPS, or even LPS.

I hope that all helps :)

OP
OP
LevLucian

LevLucian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
-Nano Peninsula 26 Gallon (AIO so built pump, sock, filter, skimmer, LED light) Who makes it? what kind of light?
-Agra-Alive Special Grade 40lb - good
-LifeRock Dry Rock 20lb - good
-Small bucket Coral Pro Sea Salt - think about getting enough for a couple water changes, maybe 2 buckets?
-Dual 100-watt heaters with inkbird 306t - for a tank that size, unless you live in a very cold area, 1 heater should be good, the 2nd can be a backup if the first one dies on you.
-Saltwater Master test kit - API?
-MaxPure 4 stage RODI 90GPD - NICE!!
-Water change kit x2 - includes pump, heater, refractometer - good
-Turbostart 1oz - Maybe, also try Microbacter, has alot of different strains.
-Fishless Fuel 2oz - should work
-DipX coral dip - Good
-TDS Meter - Good. hopefully an inline one for your RODI
-Razer+ scraper - good
-4'' fish net - Good
-pro clean gravel washer - this is just for water changes not the sand - good
-Octo Pulse 2+ wave pump (is this good or would the reefwave25 be a better option? Not the reefwave for that size tank. Also think about what you will be doing in the future for control. will you get an Apex system? might wanna think about a pump that is compatible with that.
-Lid with evap cover and feed hole - you can get a lid or leave it open. depends on what kinda look you want

Fish I'm hoping eventually (let me know if this is too much) - Phantom clown, Diamond Goby, (maybe something else small clown goby?) All fish would be bought online from a pre-quarantined eating frozen brine store. Each would be added slowly, thinking of starting with the clown? - good mix. for a tank that size, no more then 5 I would say, also Goby's jump AND even with a lid can get out or stuck in the back. (I know from expereince ) but start with a clown pair though. if you want, get an anemone for them.

-Coral - mix - will this light handle SPS at the top of the tank? Back when I did tanks LED wasn't a thing. - if you go with SPS, you need to have a VERY GOOD light. something like a kessle or an AI Hydra or similar. If the light you are getting comes with the tank. most likely it will not be good enough for SPS, or even LPS.

I hope that all helps :)
Thanks I'm thinking about changing this a bit to this now:
-Red Sea Max 170 - 43 Gallon Complete reef System has the ReefLED 90 unit light
-40lb Life rock
-40lb Arag-Alive Sand
-Dual 200 watt heaters w/Inkbird
-Saltwater Master Test Kit
-basic water change kit which include a heater, pump, and refractometer
-4oz turbo start
-2oz Fishless fuel
-Maxpure 4 Stage RODI

So I would have to wait on all the other extra's I posted but I would get a bigger tank and still be able to set it up.

BanZI29

Still just a reefer noob!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I'm thinking about changing this a bit to this now:
-Red Sea Max 170 - 43 Gallon Complete reef System has the ReefLED 90 unit light
-40lb Life rock
-40lb Arag-Alive Sand
-Dual 200 watt heaters w/Inkbird
-Saltwater Master Test Kit
-basic water change kit which include a heater, pump, and refractometer
-4oz turbo start
-2oz Fishless fuel
-Maxpure 4 Stage RODI

So I would have to wait on all the other extra's I posted but I would get a bigger tank and still be able to set it up.
-Red Sea Max 170 - 43 Gallon Complete reef System has the ReefLED 90 unit light - Thats a good tank also. the light should work for LPS but, might need something with a little more power for SPS OR make sure the SPS are close to the top of the tank
-40lb Life rock - still good
-40lb Arag-Alive Sand- still good
-Dual 200 watt heaters w/Inkbird - again you can go with 2 heaters BUT,1 may be enough unless you keep your house really cold. I have a 40 gal with 22 Gal actual water volume, and I have 1 150 wat heater. my water stays at 77, I keep my house at 75
-Saltwater Master Test Kit- If this is the API, its a good start BUT, think about investing in hanna testers, much more accurate and better to monitor your cycling with.
-basic water change kit which include a heater, pump, and refractometer- still good
-4oz turbo start - still consider brightwell Microbacter and turbo start.
-2oz Fishless fuel- still good
-Maxpure 4 Stage RODI- still really good

Still get at least 1 wave pump.you wanna keep the water moving as much as possible and still consider what I said in the original post. Also I HIGHLY recommend getting a vivid aquatic radom flow generator nozzle, ( if they make it for this tank) They REALLY help with flow and will be great for the corals when you get them.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 104 80.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back