Red Sea no pox melting corals

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Has anyone ever had Red Sea n03 p04x melt any of their soft corals? Every time I put it in my tank no matter the dose I see them shrivel up before my eyes and then they die soon after, I am putting it in the back of my drain box to let it mix with the water and through the sump before it ends up in my tank so it is not directly touching any corals in my tank, it doesn’t seem to effect any other type of corals, should I just stop using it?

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever had Red Sea n03 p04x melt any of their soft corals? Every time I put it in my tank no matter the dose I see them shrivel up before my eyes and then they die soon after, I am putting it in the back of my drain box to let it mix with the water and through the sump before it ends up in my tank so it is not directly touching any corals in my tank, it doesn’t seem to effect any other type of corals, should I just stop using it?
Could it be that nopox is depleting nutrients so much that the more nutrient-hungry corals like the softies are starving and just straight up dying super quick, while the others are kinda more 'eh' about it?

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of corals exactly are dying? I doubt it's the nopox itself but you never know. I have a huge bioload of fish and all types of corals and dose 10 to 20ml of nopox per day with no issues to anything.
20210513_154816.jpg

OP
OP
E

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Could it be that nopox is depleting nutrients so much that the more nutrient-hungry corals like the softies are starving and just straight up dying super quick, while the others are kinda more 'eh' about it?
No that’s not possible because it happens within 5 minutes of me adding it they basically instantly melt right in front of me in minutes

OP
OP
E

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What kind of corals exactly are dying? I doubt it's the nopox itself but you never know. I have a huge bioload of fish and all types of corals and dose 10 to 20ml of nopox per day with no issues to anything.
20210513_154816.jpg
It’s all soft corals like pink capnella, Kenya tree, sinularia, clove polyps and etc

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nopox has been proven to improve coral health in certain aspects

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sounds like it may have been overdosed or at high concentration which would cause the destruction of the Zooxanthellae population which can cause UV shock (as lights produces the energy and zooxanthellae and starvation of corals with nitrate bottoming out as a spiked reduction.
test your nitrates to see where they stand right now and for the future , dose 80% of recommended as you have to factor Useable gallons in the tank

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back