Red Sea Reef Energy Plus

ssagar89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys,
Happy holidays. I wanted to get some advice on feeding my corals for their health. I have a10 gallon nano reef tank with softies and LPS corals only.
I have single clownfish in there which I feed ( Frozen Mysis) every other day.
Corals:
Torch
Hammer
Zoas
Candy cane
Mushroom
Toadstool

Nitrates 5 ppm
Phosphates 0.05 ppm
I was planning for Red Sea Energy Plus.
Will this increase the phosphate and nitrate levels in the tank?
Any advice and recommendations appreciated.

323DBDE4-90F3-429E-A416-71C0D9350949.jpeg

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It shouldn't raise nitrate and phosphate dramatically. However, I find that LPS do very well with target feeding whatever you feed you fish. If you notice a phosphate issue with reef energy, you can try a straight amino acid mix like that from brightwell.

OP
OP
S

ssagar89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It shouldn't raise nitrate and phosphate dramatically. However, I find that LPS do very well with target feeding whatever you feed you fish. If you notice a phosphate issue with reef energy, you can try a straight amino acid mix like that from brightwell.
Is brightwell amino acid same as Red Sea reef energy plus?

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have similar nitrate and phosphate levels and use a mix of reef energy and also reef roids, BUT, I only use it around once every 2 weeks rather than daily

There is generally enough coral food in the tank at any one time from the number of fish

Provided you don’t use to much I don’t think it will affect nutrient levels significantly

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also add the reef energy to my system with good results but you need to do it in moderation as I have found. If you really overdose it, then it 100% for sure raises the nutrients in the tank and just within a few days of adding to much the algae will start to grow and depending on how much has been overdosed it can grow and get out of control really quickly. The reef energy seems to work great for growing and help color up the corals but you need to find the perfect dose for your system so you see the benefits it creates without causing a quick and huge algae bloom.

OP
OP
S

ssagar89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also add the reef energy to my system with good results but you need to do it in moderation as I have found. If you really overdose it, then it 100% for sure raises the nutrients in the tank and just within a few days of adding to much the algae will start to grow and depending on how much has been overdosed it can grow and get out of control really quickly. The reef energy seems to work great for growing and help color up the corals but you need to find the perfect dose for your system so you see the benefits it creates without causing a quick and huge algae bloom.
How much did you dose and in how many gallon tank?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Is brightwell amino acid same as Red Sea reef energy plus?
Seachem reef plus is closer. A & B can add phosphate but does raise Nitrate. It may help more on the nitrate side than phosphate, since it contains amino acids and proteins which necessarily have a lot of Nitrate in them, but the proteins may also contain some phosphate. So it may be helpful for you.

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much did you dose and in how many gallon tank?

I have a 90g tank, I've settled on dosing it twice a week around 20ml a dose, sometimes a little more depending on the current algae growth. When I tried dosing it everyday by the 5th day or so I could see algae start to grow rather quickly and take around a week or 2 to go away at the point I stopped dosing it. Its gonna be trial and error on your system as to how much to dose but I would dose as much as possible without overdosing and getting a bunch of algae growing in the tank. Starting slow and gradually increasing till you find the perfect amount.

fishhead1973

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys,
Happy holidays. I wanted to get some advice on feeding my corals for their health. I have a10 gallon nano reef tank with softies and LPS corals only.
I have single clownfish in there which I feed ( Frozen Mysis) every other day.
Corals:
Torch
Hammer
Zoas
Candy cane
Mushroom
Toadstool

Nitrates 5 ppm
Phosphates 0.05 ppm
I was planning for Red Sea Energy Plus.
Will this increase the phosphate and nitrate levels in the tank?
Any advice and recommendations appreciated.

323DBDE4-90F3-429E-A416-71C0D9350949.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back