OP
OP
bigdan3489

bigdan3489

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you're dealing with teh same sand issue I am. Do you vacuum your sand? All the white specs seem to settle down an inch or so and makes it look like there is a layer of much on top of the sand. I'm starting to regret my Hawaiian black sand choice.
I thought it was something I did so I’m glad to hear it wasn’t just me. I like the overall appearance of it but wil definitely not be using it again in any of my future builds. I do not vacuum the sand as I have a lot of nassarious snails moving it around. I used Fiji pink on my last tank and will definitely be going back to it. I don’t like the large particles that it has as my beautiful urchin now is covered in it and he looks pitiful.

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought it was something I did so I’m glad to hear it wasn’t just me. I like the overall appearance of it but wil definitely not be using it again in any of my future builds. I do not vacuum the sand as I have a lot of nassarious snails moving it around. I used Fiji pink on my last tank and will definitely be going back to it. I don’t like the large particles that it has as my beautiful urchin now is covered in it and he looks pitiful.

Exactly! My tuxedo always has gravel on him.

Well I will say with it being larger particles it does vacuum well and doesnt have to be as cautious with something finer like fiji pink. I vacuum once ever 10 days or so and it keeps it looking nice.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back