OP
Nanojoe

Nanojoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An update as of 11/24/2020

Tank is doing very well. 3 months in and no nuisance algae is occurring. Slight diatoms on the rocks but nothing to be overly concerned or an alarm for action. As i just turkey baste it off or scrub with a tooth brush just before i remove 10 gallons on saturday for my weekly change.

Currently light on stock,
- Bristletooth tang
- Clown fish ( Phantom? maybe? i forget...)

Coral:
-Lemon lime Faviets
- Some zoas (which ill be fragging soon... i dont really want a zoa garden tbh)
- Purple Green Tip torch
- Red Chalice
- Trachy Brain coral (my favorite currently)
- WWC red brick cyphastrea (recovering from crappy LEDs before i could get it back under T5s)
- A brown acropora (was originally a nice green BUT again crappy LEDs took the color out and it turned brown)
- A head of ricordea mushroom. its cool i guess it can stay...
- Jedi mindtrick montipora (which is not doing so hot, still giving polyp extension so im not giving up on it yet)

IMG_0989.jpg
IMG_0988.jpg
IMG_0987.jpg
IMG_0986.jpg
IMG_0985.jpg
IMG_0984.jpg
IMG_0983.jpg
IMG_0969.jpg
IMG_0963.jpg
IMG_0981.jpg

OP
OP
Nanojoe

Nanojoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I LOVE that rock work! I'm just starting to cycle. my Reefer 250. I love your cabinet mod too.

Yo! Thanks much, i appreciate the nice comment. Looking back i wish i took more time on it and used less rock to open things up a bit more. Overall i am happy with it.
The cabinet is coming along nicely.

OP
OP
Nanojoe

Nanojoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An update to my build thread;
So, lots of changes have happened!

ill start with a small common mod i have seen lots of others do to their red sea reefers regarding the ATO reservoir. (many just ditch it and buy a tunze ATO)

I started with building a refugium out of it for the obvious benefits. Nutrient control and pH.
I drilled (2) 3/4" holes. Looking back i should have gone smaller, but it ended up working out anyway. The ATO reservoir was easy to drill through. I took it slow since the glass is very thin. Not a lot of pressure and slowly made my way through. The one side which was the drain, i added a union ball valve. 2 reasons being flow control and ease of removal as it did cover up my return area. Paired it with a neptune GRO light. Which is a great refugium light at a surprisingly affordable price coming from neptune.
Ill end this post here. The other updates will have their own thread replies.

IMG-1809.jpg IMG-1808.jpg IMG-1643.jpg IMG-1830.jpg IMG-2448.jpg

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An update to my build thread;
So, lots of changes have happened!

ill start with a small common mod i have seen lots of others do to their red sea reefers regarding the ATO reservoir. (many just ditch it and buy a tunze ATO)

I started with building a refugium out of it for the obvious benefits. Nutrient control and pH.
I drilled (2) 3/4" holes. Looking back i should have gone smaller, but it ended up working out anyway. The ATO reservoir was easy to drill through. I took it slow since the glass is very thin. Not a lot of pressure and slowly made my way through. The one side which was the drain, i added a union ball valve. 2 reasons being flow control and ease of removal as it did cover up my return area. Paired it with a neptune GRO light. Which is a great refugium light at a surprisingly affordable price coming from neptune.
Ill end this post here. The other updates will have their own thread replies.

Great build. I like the rock work.

I enjoy my Reefer250. I still use the stock ATO and the second chamber as a refugium, that dose works great but wish I have a larger ATO.

OP
OP
Nanojoe

Nanojoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build. I like the rock work.

I enjoy my Reefer250. I still use the stock ATO and the second chamber as a refugium, that dose works great but wish I have a larger ATO.
Thanks for checking it out!
Im having trouble uploading photos to my post. wish i could show what i did... i saw there may be an issue with uploading phots at the moment..

OP
OP
Nanojoe

Nanojoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next up was organizing the gear and controllers under the hood. This was a half done project that came out pretty nice! I used a sheet of wood (don't ask me what kind of wood) I went to Lowes and found something decent and stained it.

First, I had an apex setup. Sold that and went to Hydros. It may look nice on the controller board, but my god behind the tank is nightmare rat's nest. I really need to get back there and tidy it up. It's not fun pulling cords to remove pumps and such to be cleaned every few months...
It's an investment. It's my hobby. I wanted it to look nice and organized. Figured I'd share it. Maybe help someone else spark some ideas or inspiration to tidy up their controllers. It is what I did when I delved into this part of the build. I came to R2R for controller board inspirations... Some of you really do a wonderful job and the craftmanship/creativity i see on here in this respect is truly amazing.

Like the controller board, my tanks gear has gone through phases. I think I will touch on lighting next.
As always, thank you for taking the time to read my build thread.

Attachments

• IMG-2432.jpg
    IMG-2432.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG-2448.jpg
    IMG-2448.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG-3846.jpg
    IMG-3846.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG-2432.jpg
    IMG-2432.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG-2448.jpg
    IMG-2448.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG-3846.jpg
    IMG-3846.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG-4043.JPG
    IMG-4043.JPG
    437.9 KB · Views: 45

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back