Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on progress:

It appears the dinos are gone (not likely but atleast everyone in the tank gets a respite from them for a while.)

So have a photodump.

Rics doing nicely again finally

Nems looking better than they did in a LOOOONG time.

SPS rock

Duncans looking good, Torch, still unhappy..

A couple of shrooms, GOW paly mini colony and some algea

Hammers

Fragrack

Cali tort and snail

Sad mushrooms.. trying lower light and lower flow area.. doesnt seem to be helping.

Hammer and 'Shrooms

Holy PE Batman!

Purple horrida still looking good

Still cant get a good color representation of this.. Light lavendar skin with brown polyps, actually looks really nice.

Squiggles!

Lots of baby duncans incoming.. Also kind of strange that the base of the duncans fluoresces green as well..?

AAAAND FTS.

OP
OP
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So couple of things! First off, picked up a starry blenny and a black and white clown for the tank, as well as a halloween urchin and 5 trochus snails.

Next i attached all my frags the best i could (seriously.. how do you guys do it? all my attachments look like ****. and some of them didnt stay. definately need help with this.)

After this I had only a pair of my t5's turn on after having shut them off for about 10 minutes for doing some maintenence.. I took it all apart and checked teh wires and everything and i think ive narrowed it down to the ballast.

I also had a conversation with someone who seemed to think that i was running way too much light into the tank for anything but the most demanding sps.. So on a whim i lowered the intesnity of all my led's by about 30% as well as only having the 2 t5 bulbs running (not on purpose).. Today my anemones look the best ive seen them since theyve gone in this tank. Which is a really good sign.

And here are the photos.. Notice i found the hidden camera settings on my phone. I played around with it a bit and i think this is what looked the best without being too overly fake. Whatcha guys think?

Not sure if im doing the video correctly lol but here

Belovedroses

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1451925022.355429.jpg

OP
OP
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank has been very neglected as of late on account of buying ahouse. I did a 20 gallon wc and cleaned the glass. There are a few corals showing recession and stress that im hoping i can nurse back to health prior to the tank move so they stand a chance at survival!

4k tank video for you to all enjoy.

More details and information to come, especially about the current stock.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks good!

OP
OP
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE!
Purchased and set up an APEX DoS this weekend! Running ESV B-Ionic 2 part! will try to keep the thread updated with progression pictures as im hoping the increased stability and increased alk/cal will improve coloring and growth

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Easy to set up!

OP
OP
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No new pictures, Tissue loss and burnt tips due to my error :( Things dont seem to be getting worse however so im hoping from now going forward will just be positive things using the DoS

OP
OP
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank move is complete! so far no losses other than a duncan that was already on its way out after being burried in sand over a weekend thanks to my pistol shrimp and goby that are no longer in the tank. Still have a lot of stuff to setup like the dos and connect the apex to the network and all that fun stuff again but life support systems are up and running!

Decided to go bare bottom for a while to help with all the issues it has been having. This way when i do my waterchanges i can see and suck up everything that has settled on the bottom.

Dosed some Dr. Tims one and only right after setup to help buffer the bacteria population as removing the sandbed likely removed a portion of the biofilter as well as im sure there was a little die off on the rocks during all this. Will do a 15 gallon waterchange this week sometime as well to help with everything.

And now to a couple of quick pictures, nothing special just snapped them last night.

Excuse the mess..

cotoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Great looking tank. Can you share your lighting settings. I also have an ATI hybrid and was wondering what intensities you are running and what your led/t5 lighting schedule is. Thanks!

petro2342

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. I wanted to ask what you do to your tank besides water changes? You just started dosing, but what did you do before that? I'm just curious. :)

OP
OP
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Great looking tank. Can you share your lighting settings. I also have an ATI hybrid and was wondering what intensities you are running and what your led/t5 lighting schedule is. Thanks!
Hello, It is actually an ATI hybrid done by Nano Box reef, so its not the same as the standard ATI hybrid. However i run 2 blue +, one puprle + and one actinic. I run them from 1pm to 8pm, so 7 hours total. The led's turn on at 11AM and shut off at 10pm so a total of 11 hours of LED (they ramp up and down so not full strength.) I dont know if it is too much light or enough or too little, ive been experimenting with different lighting intensities on the LED's but it takes so long to see any noticable effect
Looking good. I wanted to ask what you do to your tank besides water changes? You just started dosing, but what did you do before that? I'm just curious. :)
Hello, Before i just did waterchanges, which worked fine until the sps took off, then i started dosing Red Sea foundation elements by hand. This worked well other than the fact that i am gone most weekends and the dosing wasnt consistent. I then bought an Apex DoS and am running ESV B-Ionic for my 2 part as well as doing waterchanges with HW marine mix reefer salt.
Nice looking tank and corals :)
Thanks! It has its share of ups and downs though thats for sure

OP
OP
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just some quick cell pics from last night before bed!

OP
OP
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is doing great since the move and the switch to BB. Quick photo dump.

OP
OP
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photo dump! Please excuse the build up on the bottom of the tank, today is waterchange day and i took the pics last night. Also, i apoligize as i am not a photographer, these are all just taken on my cell phone with no editing or filters, so im sure if i took PS or Lightroom to the pics to touch them up they would look better but alas, i dont have the time lol I could not get a single decent picture of the new CB, it stays to the shadows pretty well and my cell then has a hard time picking it up. It is a wonderfully dark blue with just a hint of orange on the side and a bright orange bottom.

Enough talking, pictures!

H15qltfeeP.jpg

OP
OP
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank had some ups and downs as i said, For some reason i had a couple sps that just started to STN, and kept on going. I tested everything and nothing showed out of whack, Did some larger waterchanges and they didnt improve. I lost my green slimer, and my new ora pearl berry frag as well as my purple stylo was losing polyps but is doing better-ish now. However all my other corals are doing great so idk what the issue was. Honestly i think it was flow related cause it was on that half of the tank that they werent happy. Anywhoo here are some pictures. Just went to a fragswap from my local club and picked up some new eye candy! Enjoy my ****** cell pictures lol

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back