Red Sea Reefer 250

RSREEFING

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2020
Messages
163
Reaction score
47
Location
Racine
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

So, someone offered to trade me a red sea reefer 250 tank, stand, sump, and original plumbing for two of my mp40s.
What should I look out for in the tank? I'm trying to do some research and make sure everything's included. The tank is a few years old. Any small pieces I shouldn't overlook. I've always stuck with AIO tanks so any help is very much appreciated.

Thank you
 
Just Google it and download the parts list. Specs. Included items, etc... visually you should be able to tell if it was well cared for. Is the tank glass clean or dirty and scratches? Is all the pvc piping there according to the manual? Is it the original sump which should be a V3 with a separate ATO glass reservoir container. Checks the stand quality. Are the hinges for the doors secure?
 
Some people opt not to use the red sea metric plumbing hardware and use an inch design conversion system instead. It allows for the use of a better gate valve too.
 
Some people opt not to use the red sea metric plumbing hardware and use an inch design conversion system instead. It allows for the use of a better gate valve too.

HOW? I am trying to do just that, and since they attach their own metric bulkheads to the tank itself, it is proving VERY difficult to switch.

To answer the OP's question, check that the plumbing is not brittle!!!! Mine is falling apart piece by piece...
 
HOW? I am trying to do just that, and since they attach their own metric bulkheads to the tank itself, it is proving VERY difficult to switch.

To answer the OP's question, check that the plumbing is not brittle!!!! Mine is falling apart piece by piece...
There are metric to standard kits available from what I have seen online. Don't remember the name exactly but think they use red pvc.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new