Red Sea Reefer 250

RSREEFING

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

So, someone offered to trade me a red sea reefer 250 tank, stand, sump, and original plumbing for two of my mp40s.
What should I look out for in the tank? I'm trying to do some research and make sure everything's included. The tank is a few years old. Any small pieces I shouldn't overlook. I've always stuck with AIO tanks so any help is very much appreciated.

Thank you

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just Google it and download the parts list. Specs. Included items, etc... visually you should be able to tell if it was well cared for. Is the tank glass clean or dirty and scratches? Is all the pvc piping there according to the manual? Is it the original sump which should be a V3 with a separate ATO glass reservoir container. Checks the stand quality. Are the hinges for the doors secure?

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people opt not to use the red sea metric plumbing hardware and use an inch design conversion system instead. It allows for the use of a better gate valve too.

zoanutty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people opt not to use the red sea metric plumbing hardware and use an inch design conversion system instead. It allows for the use of a better gate valve too.

HOW? I am trying to do just that, and since they attach their own metric bulkheads to the tank itself, it is proving VERY difficult to switch.

To answer the OP's question, check that the plumbing is not brittle!!!! Mine is falling apart piece by piece...

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HOW? I am trying to do just that, and since they attach their own metric bulkheads to the tank itself, it is proving VERY difficult to switch.

To answer the OP's question, check that the plumbing is not brittle!!!! Mine is falling apart piece by piece...
There are metric to standard kits available from what I have seen online. Don't remember the name exactly but think they use red pvc.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@RSREEFING here’s a link to some metric to standard conversion unions.

Back