red sea reefer plumbing

  • Thread starter Thread starter Landon K
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Landon K

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2022
Messages
47
Reaction score
24
Location
KS
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I am currently working on setting up a RS 300XL G2. The return hose that it comes with is 5/8 inch and my return pump hose barb is 3/4 MNPT x 3/4 barb. So, I need a 3/4 MNPT X 5/8 barb? does anyone know where I can find one of these? Thank you.
 
Not sure that will be necessary. So the barb is probably 3/4 inch at its deepest point, so with a 5/8 inch silicone hose you should be able to snug it as far on the barb as possible so there is a snug fit. This is better as it will prevent it from slipping off
 
Not sure that will be necessary. So the barb is probably 3/4 inch at its deepest point, so with a 5/8 inch silicone hose you should be able to snug it as far on the barb as possible so there is a snug fit. This is better as it will prevent it from slipping off
Ehhh, this hose that Red Sea sent me has a pretty thick outer wall so I'm not sure I will be able to get it to fit on a 3/4 inch barb. I guess I can try heating it up. Thanks for the reply.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new