Red Sea Tanks?

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I havent posted in awhile and after doing some research I have a question about these tanks. I currently have a 250 gallon system. I am slightly downgrading so I can move the tank to my basement. Ive been contemplating between the Planet Crystaline tanks, Waterbox and Red sea. Obviously I have concerns with the Red Sea tank after researching. My question is, are there still issues with them? My LFS swears by them and says hes never had an issue with the tanks hes sold and claims to have sold 100's.

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I havent posted in awhile and after doing some research I have a question about these tanks. I currently have a 250 gallon system. I am slightly downgrading so I can move the tank to my basement. Ive been contemplating between the Planet Crystaline tanks, Waterbox and Red sea. Obviously I have concerns with the Red Sea tank after researching. My question is, are there still issues with them? My LFS swears by them and says hes never had an issue with the tanks hes sold and claims to have sold 100's.
Huh, what are the issues with the Red Sea tanks? I have never heard of issues with Red Sea tanks either. Or had problems either. I worked at a LFS in the past, and we too have sold heaps.

Downfall

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been very happy with the XL 300 we bought this year. Wanted a XL 200, but at the time only the larger tank was available. No regrets

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have RS XL 425 3 years and no complaints so far. Made really nice.
I’m sure you will find issues like with any other product.

Greg P

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I havent posted in awhile and after doing some research I have a question about these tanks. I currently have a 250 gallon system. I am slightly downgrading so I can move the tank to my basement. Ive been contemplating between the Planet Crystaline tanks, Waterbox and Red sea. Obviously I have concerns with the Red Sea tank after researching. My question is, are there still issues with them? My LFS swears by them and says hes never had an issue with the tanks hes sold and claims to have sold 100's
In your shoes I'd be more interested in hearing from owners within say the last 6 months, and only those that were troublesome. For instance, I recall reading about the 750s with the center brace, but maybe there's others.

reefah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Red Sea 350 and I freaking love it. No problems. And super quiet with running carbon/GFO. RSK600 skimmer and UV. My coffee maker is louder

Attachments

• F1929A3F-1FAD-4BFC-8AA1-4558F0C42616.jpeg
    F1929A3F-1FAD-4BFC-8AA1-4558F0C42616.jpeg
    138.8 KB · Views: 34

jwaldbusser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Red Sea systems , not sure what failures your are researching . One is three years old and the other pushing 1 year . Awesome looking displays , never heard of an issue .

FairbanksReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my Reefer 525 about 6 months or so and so far I love it, its really well built. I, like others here, don't know what issues your eluding to.
Im finding that hard too believe, considering just by using the search function on here, you will see some.
Instead of being elusive why not just say what your concerns are?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.2%
Back