Red Sea wave pump

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

PapaShrimp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried the Gyre? Wonder how it compares. Noise and cleaning.
I haven’t, this is my first gyre style pump so nothing to compare to. What I would say is it is entirely silent and parts come apart very easily so I think cleaning should be as alright as cleaning ever is. I’m impressed with everything so far.

RyanHoan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t, this is my first gyre style pump so nothing to compare to. What I would say is it is entirely silent and parts come apart very easily so I think cleaning should be as alright as cleaning ever is. I’m impressed with everything so far.

that’s great to hear. My gyres are very noisy.

reefgoddess1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running the 45 on two tanks now and so far it’s very similar to the spec, however it integrates well with the reefbeat app. I also like the Manual control ability. Time will tell how it stands up and how well maintenance will go.

PapaShrimp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running the 45 on two tanks now and so far it’s very similar to the spec, however it integrates well with the reefbeat app. I also like the Manual control ability. Time will tell how it stands up and how well maintenance will go.
The maintenance aspect was a big selling point to me, they seem very easy to take apart and clean so hopefully you don’t have any issues on that front. What size of tanks are you running the 45’s on and do you only have 1 in each tank?
PS

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back