Red Sea's Reefer Lids

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

mjlash22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on just dropping or pouring the food straight thru the netting.
This is the one thing I do not like about the Red Sea version for their own tanks. You would think they would have planned that part out (a feeding port/door).

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the one thing I do not like about the Red Sea version for their own tanks. You would think they would have planned that part out (a feeding port/door).

Well it was either $70 with no feeding door or $500 from artfully acrylic with a feeding door and a 6 to 8 week wait. :)

Not to mention if you go to artfully acrylic vendor forum their seem to be alot of people getting no customer service. That goes a long way with me.

mjlash22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it was either $70 with no feeding door or $500 from artfully acrylic with a feeding door and a 6 to 8 week wait. :)

Not to mention if you go to artfully acrylic vendor forum their seem to be alot of people getting no customer service. That goes a long way with me.
This is true. The price difference does make it way more enticing even though it doesn't have the feeding door. And I'm sure people will figure out a way to put one in. From the looks of it, it appears you have to assemble it any way. Just add the door in when you map it out.

NU2REEFIN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys check out toplids_ on instagram. He is local to me in Utah and I received my lid from him yesterday and it is beautiful

NU2REEFIN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys check out toplids_ on instagram his name is Fabio. He is local to me and I got my lid yesterday and it is awesome!!!
I’ll post a pic.

NU2REEFIN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3FD9B1C3-E7B6-4441-B778-E657721EAADB.jpeg

OP
OP
Injoynit

Injoynit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered one myself but they did not have any of the additional "Zig-Zags" and since I have a deluxe wont be able to use it until those are in. :(
So total price for top plus additional zig-zags for 4 lights is $120. If i add one for feeder then another $10.

dkhasho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

NefTunzReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine red sea cover ordered for my tank. Can't wait to put it together. Thanks for the heads up

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SPR1968
Shaun,
How much trouble is it to lift the net cover up, on your S 650 when feeding your fish?
Any tricks up your sleeve? :D

Freddie
Once you get it set it just lifts out and off. Very easy. On the 650 I cut one of the rear lengths slightly less to fit it through the lighting mounts easier. Just a few mm.

Read the instructions (well read and then ignore them! Lol) because on my S 650 there are 2 extra central supports for the mesh netting.

I tried to fasten the mesh to these and started to rip it because it was to tight. I then read your not supposed to. The 2 central supports are were I now put my fingers to lift it off.

If you want to see one in place and a review have a look at the last few pages on my build thread the link of which is below.

NefTunzReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once you get it set it just lifts out and off. Very easy. On the 650 I cut one of the rear lengths slightly less to fit it through the lighting mounts easier. Just a few mm.

Read the instructions (well read and then ignore them! Lol) because on my S 650 there are 2 extra central supports for the mesh netting.

I tried to fasten the mesh to these and started to rip it because it was to tight. I then read your not supposed to. The 2 central supports are were I now put my fingers to lift it off.

If you want to see one in place and a review have a look at the last few pages on my build thread the link of which is below.
Is there a cut out provision on these nets for flow pump power cords?

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a cut out provision on these nets for flow pump power cords?
Not on the one for the S 650 but there are no cords into the display in the S Series Tanks.

The one for the S 650 also fits some of the Reefer series I believe and they are listed on the order list and there were a few parts I had left over (on purpose lol!)

The covers are tank specific for the Red Sea Tanks so they take into account any turns/cut outs and include the parts for these.

Once the mesh is in place, I think you could probably cut an odd hole in it for wires to go through without it tearing to much. I was going to cut a small hole to drop frozen cubes through, but it’s very easy to just lift the cover up a little and drop them in so I haven’t tested cutting it as yet.

NU2REEFIN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks awesome! How much did it run in relation to the Red Sea ones?
I’m not sure what the Red Sea ones run, but mine was $215 as I am local to the mfg and drove 30 minutes to pick it up no shipping. Before I just had the Home Depot homemade lid and the toplids_ lid is worth every penny.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 36 30.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back